This was the first session in a series of webinars that Davis Wright Tremaine will present this year on important employee benefits issues. In our first webinar, Dipa Sudra of DWT's employee benefits practice presented on:
- Which benefits are employers required to provide to domestic partners and/or same-sex spouses?
- The effect of the WA Marriage Equality Act on employee benefits
- Status of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA)
- Tax treatment of domestic partner and same-sex spouse benefits
- The future—how to deal with a changing landscape for domestic partners and same-sex spouses
View the webinar.