"Copyright Remedies: A Litigator's Guide to Damages and Other Relief," American Bar Association
The Copyright Infringement Endgame: A Must for Anyone Dealing With Copyrights
A practical guide for any litigator prosecuting, defending, or evaluating a copyright infringement lawsuit or claim under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), any practitioner responsible for a copyrighted work that may become the subject of litigation, and any attorney advising clients on copyright and DMCA issues.
Copyright damages incorporate some unusual features, and foresight is required to take full advantage of (or to defend against) the range of available remedies. Copyright Remedies: A Litigators Guide to Damages and Other Relief, provides comprehensive coverage of the remedies available and numerous checklists and analysis of subcategories of damages, including the following:
- Recovery of the copyright owners compensatory actual damages resulting from an infringement
- Statutory damages, which are available as an alternative remedy to actual damages/profits in certain copyright cases
- Monetary relief under the DMCA
- Injunctive relief
- Impoundment (seizure) and destruction of infringing items
- Attorneys' fees and other costs to the prevailing party
Chapters conclude with invaluable "Key Points and Practice Tips" drawn from the authors' extensive experience in the area.