This year’s seminar for Alaska employers included, in addition to our Anchorage employment law team, presenters from our well-known employee benefits team, one of the largest and most experienced employee benefits teams in the Pacific Northwest.
What is the Status of Health Care Reform and What Do You Need to Do Next? – A Panel Discussion
Moderated by Liz Hodes; Panelists include Jeff Belfiglio, Sarah Bhagwandin, and Sharayah Talarovich, Benefits & Compensation Manager of Hope Resources
- How can you design health coverage to best handle the risk of penalties?
- What if you just want to let employees purchase coverage on the Exchange?
- What’s the interplay between COBRA and Exchange coverage?
ERISA Compliance Lessons Learned from Recent Litigation
Presented by Rich Birmingham and Gregory Fisher
- Creative drafting techniques to limit liability, increase reimbursement and address same sex couples
- How do you avoid common pitfalls?
- Are your communications privileged?
The Untenable Overlap of Leave Laws and Policies, Reasonable Accommodations and Workers’ Compensation: Pros and Cons of Outsourcing Leave Compliance and How to Outsource Responsibly
Presented by Bob Stewart, Gregory Fisher and Liz Hodes
- Analyze the overlap
- Tools to help navigate the maze effectively
- Should you outsource the headache?
Common Traps in Severance Agreements and How to Avoid Them
Presented by Rich Birmingham and Bob Stewart
- Typical severance provisions used by employers
- How to structure a release in connection with severance
- Why does the typical corporate severance agreement violate employee benefits law and how should it be restructured?