The possibility of exposure to the Ebola virus has generated significant concern among employers regarding their obligations, options, and restrictions in connection with hiring and managing employees. Issues include: What regulations exist and how do employers comply? What can employers do if an employee or applicant has visited an area experiencing an Ebola outbreak? Can employers require employees who develop fever or other symptoms to undergo medical screening or exams? What if employees refuse to come to work due to concerns over contracting Ebola?
This webinar discussed:
- OSHA and state-plan regulations applicable to Ebola concerns
- Considerations regarding employee travel (business or personal) to Ebola-effected regions
- Managing employees who have or may have Ebola
- Responses to employee concerns regarding Ebola
- Labor issues associated with Ebola