On January 1, 2016, Oregon will usher in new laws that will immediately impact your company and many of your employment policies, handbooks and processes. Join us to learn strategies for complying and thriving under the new laws, particularly the statewide sick leave law.
Topics our speakers will address include:
- Mandatory statewide "sick" leave: Imposes detailed requirements on all businesses with at least one Oregon employee, and covers far more than only "sick" time; learn strategies for developing a compliant policy that works for your company
- Ban the Box: Restricts questions about criminal history during the initial hiring stages; hear best practices for handling job applicants
- Noncompete Agreement Limitations: Reduces the maximum duration; gain insight into crafting enforceable noncompete and nonsolicitation agreements
- New changes and protections for social media, domestic violence leave, whistleblowers, and OFLA absences involving health insurance
- Solutions for HR when managing legalized marijuana, diversity and transgender issues
Presented by Chrys Martin and Christie Totten.
View presentation materials: