Christie S. Totten
Portland Hiring Committee Chair
Christie Totten is a litigator who defends employers against claims of retaliation, discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, and wage and hour violations, including whistleblower claims against executive-level defendants. Christie has helped employers of all sizes obtain dismissals of agency charges and lawsuits. Her broad experience includes briefing and arguing cases in state and federal court, and managing cases from initial demand through summary judgment, resolution or jury trial.
In her counseling practice, Christie advises clients on a wide range of matters including terminations, disability accommodations, employment and severance agreements, and workplace policies, and regularly helps companies comply with the Oregon pay equity, sick leave, and manufacturing overtime laws. She also conducts, oversees, and advises employers on workplace investigations.
Christie’s clients span many industries, with particular focus in the healthcare, technology, and agriculture/wine industries.
Admitted to Practice
J.D., Lewis & Clark Law School, 2008, summa cum laude
- First in Class (tied)
- Notes and Comments Editor, Lewis & Clark Law Review
- Cornelius Honor Society
- Full Tuition Merit Scholarship
B.A., University of Rochester, 2000, cum laude
- Dean's List (all semesters)
- British Parliamentary Extern, Member of Parliament Barry Gardiner, House of Commons
Memberships & Affiliations
- Multnomah County Bar Association
- Portland Human Resources Management Association (PHRMA)
- Selected to "Oregon Rising Stars," Thomson Reuters, 2013-2018