Restaurant CFO Bootcamp is a three-day conference for finance and accounting professionals in the restaurant industry. Conference sessions delve into the hot topics every restaurant’s financial executive needs to know, such as: benchmarking, restaurant technologies, internal controls, fraud, tax, and employment law.
DWT Partners Janet Grumer and Roy Salins gave this presentation on Wednesday, May 18. Topics included:
- Tipping/service charge legal issues
- Minimum wage/living wage debate
- Proposed changes to the overtime exemptions under the FLSA
- Off-the-clock work and off-the-worksite issues
- Joint employer status
- Other employment-related issues affecting the restaurant industry and its business climate