"Don’t Let a Recall Bring You to a Grinding Halt," USI Kibble & Prentice and the NW Food Processors Association, Portland, Ore.
By David A. Ernst
DWT Partner David Ernst took part in this panel discussion. Key takeaways to help build your action plan included:
- How to prioritize safety regulations and instill quality control measures
- Developing a crisis management strategy
- Determining when a voluntary recall is the right thing to do
- Investigative measures to pinpoint the contamination within a supply chain
- Analyzing current insurance policies to ensure your plan includes recall to help you pay for it and return to business as usual