Privacy and security professionals, lawyers, technologists, policymakers, and academics connected and collaborated in a rigorous learning environment during this three-day event at George Washington University’s Marvin Center in Washington, D.C.
This session highlighted some of the big recent changes and discussed their implications. Topics included:
- Record breaking HIPAA enforcement actions and more of them.
- Controversial guidance on the right of access, access to news media (and other third parties?) to treatment areas, ransomware, and cloud computing.
- What is the impact on organizations in the health care sector?
- Do these guidance documents represent clarifications or significant changes in policy?
- Do these enforcement actions require you to address compliance differently?