Panelist, "GDPR and Other Key Privacy Regulations," Data Usage Law: Monetizing Data & Privacy Issues, New York City Bar, New York, N.Y.
The data privacy and data usage regulatory environment has changed in the last few years, including the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), New York State Department of Financial Services cybersecurity regulations, and further changes that are coming. In this basic course, a panel of experienced voices in data privacy discussed generating revenue from data while ethically complying with data privacy rules and security regulations.
DWT partner Marc Roth spoke as a part of the "GDPR and Other Key Privacy Regulations" panel that covered topics such as:
- EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – who is impacted, how to comply with the basic requirement and maximum penalties
- New York State Department of Financial Services (DFS) Part 504 – Cybersecurity Certification of Compliance
- Other federal, state, and non-U.S. regulations
- Legitimate business purposes for data usage
- Roles of data protection officers, chief privacy officers, chief information officers and others