Presenter, "Exploring the Impact of New Data and Privacy Regulations on Prepaid Card Companies and Lessons Learned from Recent Data Breaches," American Conference Institute, Washington, D.C.
To address the industry's most pressing questions and challenges, American Conference Institute has developed its 20th National Forum on Prepaid Card Compliance. This annual conference brings together an exceptional faculty of federal and state regulatory and enforcement officials, in-house counsel and compliance experts from industry leading companies, and outside counsel specializing in prepaid card compliance who will provide you with targeted guidance in these uncertain and transitional times.
In this presentation, the discussion focused on:
- Exploring the far-reaching data and privacy implications of the GDPR and CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act) on US prepaid card companies
- What aspects of the CCPA are inconsistent and what compliance burdens are they causing for companies?
- Delving into NY's new data privacy law and examining how it compares and contrasts with CCPA and GDPR
- Assessing how these new data privacy laws are driving up the costs of doing business and understanding how prepaid companies can effectively contain those costs
- Lessons learned from recent breaches and how you can better protect yourself from a risk perspective