Food Venture Financing News - Issue No. 54 Events
- NCN Spring Investor Meeting 2021
- Naturally Bay Area's 2021 Quick Bites Series - Influencer Marketing Trends & Tips
- The Rise of Transparency in the Food Supply Chain
- Food Edge Virtual Summit 2021
- Naturally Bay Area's 2021 Quick Bites Series - Category Review Trends With Top Buyers
- Food Funded 2021 JEDI
- Expo West Virtual - J.E.D.I Collaborative
- FoodBytes! Pitch
- IGA Announces New Cohort
NCN Spring Investor Meeting 2021
Tuesday and Wednesday, April 20-21, 2021
During this event, over 20 nutrition and health & wellness companies seeking capital will present their business plans to a group of diverse, active investors. Presenters represent categories in natural & organic foods, functional foods, supplements, ingredients & technology, personal care and household goods, and related technology solutions.
Nutrition Capital Network is excited to be working with the virtual event platform Swapcard to bring you a fully integrated digital event experience that delivers high quality content and makes connecting with potential customers and partners easier and more personalized than ever before, all through a single event platform.
Naturally Bay Area's 2021 Quick Bites Series
Influencer Marketing Trends & Tips
Wednesday, April 21, 2021 at 12:00 – 12:45 p.m. PT
Learn the latest trends in influencer marketing and find out how savvy brands are incorporating this hot tool into their brand growth strategy. The panel will share key learnings, best practices, and tips for making influencer marketing work for you no matter the size of your marketing budget.
- Jessie Ferraioli: Marketing Director, Mezzetta
- Karnika Haridoss: Marketing Manager, La Tourangelle
- Drew McGowan: Communications and Influencer Marketing, Clif Bar & Company
- Jim Taschetta: Host, Naturally Bay Area Board
The Rise of Transparency in the Food Supply Chain
Tuesday, April 27, 2021 at 8:00 a.m. PT
Join FoodBytes! Global Head Anne Greven in a conversation with FoodBytes! Pitch member CGC Ventures and FoodBytes! alumni Bushel. They will discuss transparency in the supply chain and how digitization and traceability can help us usher in a new era of resilience.
Food Edge Virtual Summit 2021
May 4 & 6, 2021
With Day 1 dedicated to food science and innovation and Day 2 focused on sales and marketing, join us to:
- Stay updated on emerging opportunities in plant-based
- Learn how to capitalize on the alternative protein wave
- Gain insights on sustainable business practices
- Explore consumer trends and new product attributes
- Efficiently navigate the new retail landscape
- Set strategies for brand growth in an omnichannel world
- Glean investor insights to support your funding journey
Get tickets here
Naturally Bay Area's 2021 Quick Bites Series
Category Review Trends With Top Buyers
Wednesday, May 5, 12:00 - 12:45 p.m. PT
Hear from leading Bay Area category buyers on how their review processes, timing, and criteria have shifted during and coming out of COVID.
They'll discuss the trends they're seeing, preferred marketing support tactics, and how to set yourself up for success with each retailer.
- Sarah Gordon: Senior Buyer, Whole Foods
- Patrick Wyman: Local Forager, Whole Foods
- Thuy Nguyen: Category Manager, Good Eggs
- Mirian Welch: NorCal Category Manager, Safeway
- Jen Berliner: Moderator, Naturally Bay Area & General Manager, Moonshot Snacks
Food Funded 2021 JEDI
May 12, 2021 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. PT
There's more urgency and opportunity for racial equity out there, and past Food Investor Fairs have catalyzed investments for BIPOC food entrepreneurs. Slow Money and J.E.D.I Collaborative invite you to join them for:
- Entrepreneur Lab: Changemakers and experienced practitioners speaking the truth about breakthrough.
- Food Investor Showcase:
- Bay Area Food Investor Fair: Forum for investors to meet BIPOC food entrepreneurs and see pre-screened investment opportunities.
- Virtual Tastings With Real Food and Small Group Exchanges: Engage your palate. Attendees will receive a Smorgasbox with samples from presenting food makers (while supplies last). Talk with the entrepreneurs about their food and their business.
Expo West Virtual - J.E.D.I Collaborative
May 26, 2021, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. PT
J.E.D.I Collaborative will have programming at Natural Products Expo West Virtual on May 26th, 2021. The sessions will include a keynote by Van Jones and an unveiling of the next phase of J.E.D.I Collaborative.
Don't forget to register! Natural Products Expo Virtual is FREE to qualified industry members. Your registration will give you access to all of the virtual events for 2021. You can see the full list of programs here.
The FoodBytes! Pitch competition is now accepting applications from food tech, agtech and CPG innovators. This year, it's focused on three innovation areas that are shaped by their 2021 Pitch Members: sustainable supply chains, improved resource management, and next frontier of nutrition.
To learn more about this year's program and the members involved, check out their press release and details in Food Business News, and if you're a startup or you know one – get those applications in via the link below before Sunday, May 16, 2021.
IGA Announces New Cohort
ICA announced last week that 19 new companies are joining the ICA network. Eleven companies are part of The Lab at ICA, its new four-week accelerator program for early-stage businesses, and 8 companies make up the newest cohort of The Accelerator at ICA, its four-month flagship program for growth-stage businesses.
Both programs are designed to provide Bay Area entrepreneurs with the support and advising they need to grow their companies to the next stage, get ready to raise capital, and create wealth for themselves and their workers. Get to know the companies by clicking the button below.