Food Venture Financing News - Weekly Issue No. 75
In This Issue:
- Food Venture Financing Trends
- CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
- Links to Relevant Content
Food Venture Financing Trends
- Nestlé announced that it plans to invest 1.2 billion Swiss Francs to assist farmers adopt regenerative agriculture practices over the next five years by offering technical support for innovation and technology, providing investment support, and paying premiums for raw materials for regenerative agriculture practices.
- Roquette, a global plant-based ingredients company, invested 11 million euros to launch an R&D accelerator to conduct research on food innovation in the plant protein space and develop new plant protein production technologies.
- Gopuff announced the launch of its six-month small business accelerator program—"Put Me On"—to support entrepreneurs from historically underrepresented groups.
- Full Sail IP Partners has announced the acquisition of the Odwalla brand from Coca-Cola. The acquisition amount has not been reported.
- Sovos Brands, a company that acquires and builds emerging food brands, reported that it intends to launch an initial public offering to potentially raise $429.3 million.
CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
This week's featured program is Rutger's Food Innovation Center.
- The Food Innovation Center at Rutgers University is a unique food business incubator and accelerator that is a unit of the Rutgers New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station (NJAES). The Center supports established early stage entrepreneurs and existing food companies from concept to commercialization.
- Rutger's Food Innovation Center follows the highly successful Oregon Food Innovation Center that was launched about 20 years ago.
- Rutger's Food Innovation Center provides business, marketing, food safety, product design and scale up expertise within FDA and USDA certified facilities to help companies successfully build and grow their business.
- Some companies that have been assisted by Rutger's Food Innovation Center:
- Topos Teas
- The Hain Celestial Group, Inc.
- Dr. Schar USA, Inc.
- Caldo Hot Sauce
Links to Relevant Content
- Miyoko's Creamery CEO on $52 Million Funding, Federal Court Victory & Vegan Cheese Fails
- Buyk Launches 15 Minute Grocery Delivery in NYC
- CP Kelco to Invest $50 Million to Build New Citrus Fibre Production Line
- OTHRStore to Deliver an Ecosystem of Services for Underrepresented Food and Beverage Brands in the Digital Marketplace
- Sophie's Kitchen Raises $5.6 Million in Funding
- Dutch Bros. CEO Joth Ricci on Why Going Public Is a Big Leap Forward for the Coffee Brand
- Nestlé Unveils Plans to Support the Transition to a Regenerative Food System
- Roquette Opens a Plant Protein Center of Expertise in Vic-sur-Aisne, France
- Gopuff Launches "Put Me On," a Small Business Accelerator Program for Underrepresented Entrepreneurs
- Full Sail IP Partners Buys Odwalla
- Sovos IPO seeks to Raise Up to $429.3 Million