Food Venture Financing News - Weekly Issue No. 77
In This Issue:
- Food Venture Financing Trends
- CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
- Links to Relevant Content and Events
Food Venture Financing Trends
- Rebel Foods, an Indian foodtech startup that operates ghost kitchens, announced that it raised $175 million in its Series F round at a valuation of $1.4 billion, achieving unicorn status.
- Atlantic Food Labs, a European venture studio, recently launched FoodLabs, a foodtech investment fund that will focus on investments in the food, health, and sustainability sectors. Atlantic Food Labs has allocated 100 million Euros for the investment fund.
- Kingdom Supercultures, a foodtech startup company that designs microbial cultures for food innovation, announced that it raised $25 million in its Series A round.
- The Kamine Family announced the launch of Do Good Foods, a foodtech company that will create a solution to eliminate food waste by upcycling food into sustainable animal protein. Nuveen, an asset manager, provided a $169 million investment to launch the entity.
CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
This week's featured program is Bread and Butter Ventures.
- Bread & Butter Ventures (f/k/a The Syndicate Fund) is a venture capital firm based in Minnesota that focuses on the early-stage companies in agtech and foodtech, among other sectors.
- Bread and Butter Ventures, founded in 2017, invests in tech-enabled companies operating anywhere in the food value chain, from on the farm to supply chain and manufacturing to restaurants and grocery.
- Portfolio companies include:
- Renewal Mill
- Milk Moovement
- IFS (Induction Food Systems)
Links to Relevant Content and Events
- BeeHero's Precision Pollination Platform Wings Its Way to $19 Million in New Funding
- Q3 2021 AgTech Venture Capital Investment and Exit Round Up
- Kingdom Supercultures Raises $25 Million Series A to Revolutionize Plant-Based Foods, Fermented Beverages, and Personal Care With Natural Microbial Cultures
- Speeding Up Serendipity: How Kingdom Supercultures Will Use $25 Million to Create Better Foods Through Fermentation
- Wavemaker Labs Acquires IP From Agtech Startup Abundant Robotics
- Hormel Foods, The Better Meat Co. Team Up On Meat Alternative Venture
- Kubota and Yamaha Motor Invest in U.S. Startup Developing Robots to Automate Strawberry Harvesting
- Indian Cloud Kitchen Startup Rebel Foods Valued at $1.4 Billion in $175 Million Fundraise
- Atlantic Labs Spins-Out Foodlabs, A €100 Million Food Tech Fund Addressing Climate And Health
- Do Good Foods Launches Game-changing Infrastructure Platform That Combats Climate Change Through Upcycling Grocery Store Food Waste
EVENTS & OPPORTUNITIES
Naturally Bay Area's 2021 Quick Bites Series:
Building a Diverse Hiring Process
Wednesday, October 20, 12:00 - 12:45 p.m. PST
Join the Naturally Bay Area community for a candid discussion about the importance of sourcing from a diverse candidate pool and establishing a thoughtful hiring process. They'll discuss:
- Why diversity is essential for a thriving business.
- How specific job requirements may limit or expand your applicant pool.
- Why now is the time to build this infrastructure--at any stage of your business.
Naturally Bay Area board member Jen Berliner, General Manager at Moonshot Snacks will lead the conversation with these featured panelists:
- Pam McCoy, Food/CPG Recruiter, Creative Alignments
- Matt Kreutz, CEO, Firebrand Artisan Breads
- Levi Booser, Chief People and Culture Officer, Bellwether Coffee
At DWT, we are proud to have one of the largest Food & Beverage legal practices in the country, with over 40 attorneys representing food innovators, entrepreneurs, and investors at every level of the food chain, from Farm to Label.
The facts, laws, and regulations regarding COVID-19 are developing rapidly. Since the date of publication, there may be new or additional information not referenced in this advisory. Please consult with your legal counsel for guidance.
DWT will continue to provide up-to-date insights and virtual events regarding COVID-19 concerns. Our most recent insights, as well as information about recorded and upcoming virtual events, are available at www.dwt.com/COVID-19.