Food Venture Financing News - Weekly Issue No. 89
In This Issue:
- Food Venture Financing Trends
- CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
- Links to Relevant Content
Food Venture Financing Trends
- Pepsi and Beyond Meat have entered a joint venture to create a vegan beef jerky snack. This is the first product in a line of plant-based products that the companies hope to produce through the joint venture.
- CPG industry experts predict that while there will be interest in acquiring plant-based companies in 2022, the company valuations are likely to decrease this year.
- Pluckk, an India-based digital commerce startup that sells fresh produce, announced that it raised $5 million in its seed funding.
CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
This week's featured CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Fund is Katjes GreenFood.
- Katjes Group, the German confectioner formed Katjesgreenfood to invest in emerging food brands focused on innovation and alternative food sources.
- Key investments include:
- Veganz, a vegan supermarket chain in Germany (2016)
- Haferkater, a German porridge business (2017)
- Caté, a coffee and cherries-based drinks company (2017)
- Seven Sundays, a U.S. muesli manufacturer (2017)
- Foodstirs, a U.S. organic baking start-up (2018)
- Fora, another U.S. firm and supplier of vegan butter (2018)
Links to Relevant Content and Events
- Hain Celestial CEO Zeroing in on M&A, With 'A Lot of Firepower' at His Disposal
- Yumi Raises $67 Million in Female-Led Funding Round
- Castiron Serves Up a $6 Million Seed Round to Support 'Food Artisans'
- Kemin Invests in Hemp-Based Ingredient Supplier
- Food Tech's Newest Unicorn Flipdish Hits $1.25 Billion Valuation After Raising C.$100 Million
- Cana Technology Raises Glass to New Capital as It Readies Beverage Printer for Market
- Meatless Bacon From Mycelium Could Come to A Plate Near You as Atlast Food Co. Teams With Whitecrest Mushrooms to Scale Production
- Beyond Meat and PepsiCo Team Up to Make Plant-Based Jerky
- Plant-Based Investment Interest Is High Among Large CPG Players, but Valuations, Deal Sizes Are Dropping
- Foodtech Startup Pluckk Raises $5 Million to Serve the Growing Demand of Lifestyle-Oriented Fresh Produce