Food Venture Financing News - Weekly Issue No. 90
In This Issue:
- Food Venture Financing Trends
- CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
- Links to Relevant Content and Events
Food Venture Financing Trends
- Plenty Unlimited, a leading indoor vertical farming company, announced that it raised $400 million in its Series E financing, the largest capital raise for an indoor vertical farming startup.
- Redefine Meat, a 3D printed plant-based meat company, announced that it raised $135 million in its latest financing round. The company plans to use the funds to expand its operations globally and collaboration with restaurants.
- A recent report by The Good Food Institute found that plant-based food companies will need to invest $27 billion in the next decade to expand their manufacturing operations to meet consumer demand.
- Nestlé announced that it is launching an 'innovative income accelerator programme' to increase farmer income, enhance the livelihoods of cocoa-farming families, and improve gender equality.
CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
This week's featured program is Bimbo Ventures.
- Bimbo Ventures, formed in 2017, is the venture capital arm of Grupo Bimbo SAB de CV, the Mexico-based bakery goods giant.
- Bimbo Ventures has partnered with BlueBox Ventures to create an accelerator program called the ELEVA Food Technology Accelerator by Bimbo, to provide innovative entrepreneurs with the resources they need to develop and commercialize their product.
Links to Relevant Content and Events
- Upside Foods Acquires Cell-Based Lobster Company Cultured Decadence
- Aigen's Swarm of Agtech Robots Want to Make Agriculture Carbon Negative
- Black Sheep Foods Raises $5.25 Million to Make Plant-Based Lamb and Wild Game
- Vertical Farming Company Plenty Raises $400 Million, Partners With Walmart to Supply Greens
- TSUMo Snacks Raises $4 Million in Funding Round
- Kencko Looks to Expand Into New Categories Following Funding Round
- Private Equity Firm Takes Minority Stake in Chomps
- Plenty Secures $400 Million Series E
- 3D Printed Plant-Based Steak Co Redefine Meat Raises $135 Million
- Plant-Based Meat: Anticipating 2030 Production Requirements
- Nestlé Announces Innovative Plan to Tackle Child Labour Risks in Cocoa Sector
EVENTS & OPPORTUNITIES
Quick Bites: How to Effectively Outsource Finance & Accounting
Wednesday, February 16, 12:00 - 12:45 p.m. PT (tentative)
Quick Bites: Ecommerce Pricing and Channel Strategy
Wednesday, February 22, 12:00 - 12:45 p.m. PT (tentative)
New Member Kickoff Meeting
Wednesday, March 02, 4:00 - 5:00 p.m. PT (tentative)
Naturally Network Women in CPG Summit March 22 - 24
As part of the summit, we'll be hosting:
- The Path to Power: A Journey to the C-Suite
Thursday March 24 | 9:30 - 10:45 am PT
Registration opens February 14
- Women in CPG Networking Mixer with Naturally Bay Area + Naturally North Bay
Thursday March 24 | 4:00 - 6:00 pm PT
At DWT, we are proud to have one of the largest Food + Beverage legal practices in the country, with over 40 attorneys representing food innovators, entrepreneurs, and investors at every level of the food chain, from Farm to Label.
The facts, laws, and regulations regarding COVID-19 are developing rapidly. Since the date of publication, there may be new or additional information not referenced in this advisory. Please consult with your legal counsel for guidance.
DWT will continue to provide up-to-date insights and virtual events regarding COVID-19 concerns. Our most recent insights, as well as information about recorded and upcoming virtual events, are available at www.dwt.com/COVID-19.