Food Venture Financing News - Weekly Issue No. 94
In This Issue:
- Food Venture Financing Trends
- CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
- Links to Relevant Content and Events
Food Venture Financing Trends
- Belgian Boys, a breakfast and baked foods company, announced that it raised a $7 million round led by the incubation platform by Daniel Lubetzky, Kind Snacks' founder.
- Plant-based fat startup, Lypid, announced that it raised $4 million in seed funding. The company announced that it plans to use the funds to develop and expand its 'PhytoFat' platform.
- Mycorena, a sustainable fungi biotechnology company, announced that it raised 24 million Euros in its Series A round. The round is the largest Nordic Series A financing for a startup company.
CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
This week's featured program is Tiger Brands Ltd.
- Tiger Brands Ltd is a major African manufacturer of branded food, home-care, and personal-care products based in South Africa. Their product offerings include the following:
- Personal-care products and home-care products
- Baby care
- Grains and groceries
- Out-of-home meals
- In June 2021, Tiger Brands launched The Tiger Brands Venture Capital Fund.
- This fund invests in entrepreneurs with businesses that align with Tiger Brands' consumer-relevant growth platforms of Health and Nutrition, Snackification, and Economical food options.
Links to Relevant Content and Events
- Why Agtech Is the Next Big Investment Opportunity
- Plant Genetics Company NuCicer Closes $4.5 Million Seed Round
- Endless West Raises $60 Million to Expand Its Molecular Spirits Technology
- Blue Horizon Invests in California Cultured and the Future of Chocolate
- Capsoil's Oil-Based Functional Ingredients Seek to Re-Imagine Coffee
EVENTS & OPPORTUNITIES
Naturally Network Meet & Greet @ the Expo West Pitch Finals Competition and Party
Wednesday, March 9, 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. PST
Grand Ballroom F
Come meet and greet fellow members, sponsors, and board members across the Naturally Network community. No invite or sign-up required. See the Expo West site for more info.
Naturally Bay Area's 2022 Quick Bites Series:
How to Find Co-Manufacturing Success
Wednesday, March 16, 12:00 - 12:45 p.m. PST
Learn how to begin your co-manufacturer search and how to scale and grow with your partner.
Naturally Network Women in CPG Summit March 22 - 24
As part of the summit, we'll be hosting:
- The Path to Power: A Journey to the C-Suite
Thursday March 24 | 9:30 - 10:45 am PT
Registration opens February 14
- Women in CPG Networking Mixer with Naturally Bay Area + Naturally North Bay
Thursday March 24 | 4:00 - 6:00 pm PT
At DWT, we are proud to have one of the largest Food + Beverage legal practices in the country, with over 40 attorneys representing food innovators, entrepreneurs, and investors at every level of the food chain, from Farm to Label.
The facts, laws, and regulations regarding COVID-19 are developing rapidly. Since the date of publication, there may be new or additional information not referenced in this advisory. Please consult with your legal counsel for guidance.
DWT will continue to provide up-to-date insights and virtual events regarding COVID-19 concerns. Our most recent insights, as well as information about recorded and upcoming virtual events, are available at www.dwt.com/COVID-19.