Food Venture Financing News - Weekly Issue No. 95
In This Issue:
- Food Venture Financing Trends
- CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
- Links to Relevant Content and Events
Food Venture Financing Trends
- Big Bold Health, an immunity health startup, announced that it raised $4M in its seed round led by S2G Ventures.
- Arkeon Biotechnologies, an Austrian-based sustainability startup that converts CO2 into food, announced it raised 6.5M Euros in funding. The company plans to use the funds to increase its production levels and product development.
- The Wall Street Journal reported that Chobani is delaying its initial public offering until the second half of 2022 or early 2023 to seek a higher valuation between $7 and $10 billion. .
CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
This week's featured program is Be8 Ventures.
- Be8 Ventures is a Berlin-based growth stage venture capital fund focusing on innovation throughout the entire food and beverage value chain (i.e. Innovative Food, E-Grocery, Retail & Gastro Tech, Packaging & Waste).
- Be8 Ventures is funded by the Oetker group, the leading food producer in Europe.
- This VC fund invests in growing companies that shape tomorrow's food ecosystem located in Europe, Israel and North America.
- Some of the portfolio companies include:
- New Culture
- Blue Horizon Ventures
- Atlantic Food Labs
- Synthesis Capital
Links to Relevant Content and Events
- The Lowdown: Impossible Foods Sues Motif FoodWorks Over Heme Patent
- Ethnic E-Grocer Weee! Grabs $425 Million in Softbank-Led Series E
- Better Dairy Slices Into New Funding for Animal-Free Cheeses
- Vegan Fats Maker Raises $4 Million
- Skinny Butcher Collaboration Puts Plant-Based Poultry on the Map
- Finless Foods Raises $34 Million in Series B Funding Round
- Once Upon a Farm Closes $52 Million in New Funding
- How Yali Bio Plans to Revolutionize Alternative Fats
EVENTS & OPPORTUNITIES
Naturally Bay Area's 2022 Quick Bites Series:
How to Find Co-Manufacturing Success
Wednesday, March 16, 12:00 - 12:45 p.m. PST
Learn how to begin your co-manufacturer search and how to scale and grow with your partner.
Naturally Network Women in CPG Summit March 22 - 24
As part of the summit, we'll be hosting:
- The Path to Power: A Journey to the C-Suite
Thursday March 24 | 9:30 - 10:45 am PT
Registration opens February 14
- Women in CPG Networking Mixer with Naturally Bay Area + Naturally North Bay
Thursday March 24 | 4:00 - 6:00 pm PT
At DWT, we are proud to have one of the largest Food + Beverage legal practices in the country, with over 40 attorneys representing food innovators, entrepreneurs, and investors at every level of the food chain, from Farm to Label.
The facts, laws, and regulations regarding COVID-19 are developing rapidly. Since the date of publication, there may be new or additional information not referenced in this advisory. Please consult with your legal counsel for guidance.
DWT will continue to provide up-to-date insights and virtual events regarding COVID-19 concerns. Our most recent insights, as well as information about recorded and upcoming virtual events, are available at www.dwt.com/COVID-19.