Food Venture Financing News - Weekly Issue No. 96
In This Issue:
- Food Venture Financing Trends
- CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
- Links to Relevant Content and Events
Food Venture Financing Trends
- A recent report by Deloitte and PitchBook indicated that foodtech companies raised over $13 billion in 2021.
- Tender, a plant-based, cell-based meat startup, announced that it raised $12 million in its Series Seed round. The company plans to use the funds to further develop its technology.
- Mori, a foodtech startup that extends shelf life of products, announced that it raised $50 million in its Series B1 financing. The company will use the capital to expand its geographical footprint.
- Local Bounti Corporation announced that it is acquiring Hollandia Produce Group, Inc., an indoor farming company, for $122.5 million.
CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
This week's featured program is BRF S.A.
- BRF S.A., based in Brazil, is one of the largest global food companies. It has over 90,000 employees in more than 140 countries.
- Some of the portfolio companies include:
- Balance Premium Especial
- Biofresh Super Premium Natural
- Bom Sabor
Links to Relevant Content and Events
- Goode Partners Announces a $30 Million Investment in Jocko Fuel
- Bobbie Drinks Up $50 Million to Expand Infant Formula Product Line
- With 5 Thousand Robots Shipped, Bear Robotics Raises $81 Million Series B to Accelerate Growth and Expand Into New Markets
- AiFi Raises $65 Million in Series B Funding Round
- Spinning Alt-Meat Like Cotton Candy, Tender Food Banks $12 Million Seed Capital
- Deloitte: Private Financial Markets: The Road to Next
EVENTS & OPPORTUNITIES
Naturally Network Women in CPG Summit March 22 - 24
As part of the summit, we'll be hosting:
- The Path to Power: A Journey to the C-Suite
Thursday March 24 | 9:30 - 10:45 am PT
Registration opens February 14
- Women in CPG Networking Mixer with Naturally Bay Area + Naturally North Bay
Thursday March 24 | 4:00 - 6:00 pm PT
At DWT, we are proud to have one of the largest Food + Beverage legal practices in the country, with over 40 attorneys representing food innovators, entrepreneurs, and investors at every level of the food chain, from Farm to Label.
The facts, laws, and regulations regarding COVID-19 are developing rapidly. Since the date of publication, there may be new or additional information not referenced in this advisory. Please consult with your legal counsel for guidance.
DWT will continue to provide up-to-date insights and virtual events regarding COVID-19 concerns. Our most recent insights, as well as information about recorded and upcoming virtual events, are available at www.dwt.com/COVID-19.