Panelist, "Cyber Issues," New Jersey State Bar Association In-House Counsel Meeting, Webinar
This panel addressed how to attack/approach issues and the role of in-house counsel in the response.
- Coordination of response team
- When to engage a forensic vendor vs. using inhouse IT staff to lead investigation
- Types of breaches, notices
- Legal Claims (FBI, State Police etc.)
- Preparing the report, etc.
- Notice obligations based upon applicable law (NJ Data Security Act, HIPAA, FERPA, EUGDPR, etc.)