Food Venture Financing News - Weekly Issue No. 101
In This Issue:
- Food Venture Financing Trends
- CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
- Links to Relevant Content and Events
Food Venture Financing Trends
- Lemon Perfect, a lemon water emerging brand company, announced that it raised $31 million in its Series A round, which included prominent CPG investment funds as well as Beyoncé Knowles-Carter.
- Cerve, a Swedish startup that automates orders in the B2B food supply chain, raised $2 million in its seed round led by Norwegian funds.
- Tate & Lyle, a global ingredients company, announced that its plans to acquire Nutriati, a chickpea-based protein and flour producer, as the company intends to enter into the plant-based sector.
CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
This week's featured program is Melitas Ventures.
- Melitas Ventures is a New York-based venture capital fund that invests in early stage food & beverage companies through the entire value chain.
- This VC fund has established a successful track record investing in some of the most innovative and fastest-growing early stage food and beverage companies.
- Some of their portfolio companies include:
- Lemon Perfect
- Nurture Life
Links to Relevant Content and Events
- 301 Inc Commits $15 Million to Two Funds Dedicated to Closing the VC Gap for Women and Women of Color
- Anuvia Raises $65.5 Million Series D to Scale U.S. Production of Sustainable Fertilizer
- Mars Partners With AI Provider to Accelerate Functional Food Development
- Data Snapshot: Alt-Protein Drove Innovative Food's $4.8 Billion in Funding in 2021
- Tracking Corporate Climate Goals for Meat & Dairy Is More Crucial Than Ever
- IFF and SimpliiGood Collaborate to Make Spirulina-Based Smoked Salmon
- Meet Wilk, Alternative Dairy's Undisruptive Disruptor
EVENTS & OPPORTUNITIES
Save the Dates for Hirschberg Entrepreneurship Institute 2022
Virtual Boot Camp | May 9-11, 2022
Wednesday, March 16, 12:00 - 12:45 p.m. PST
Join HEI online for three days of a highly interactive, intimate venue for networking, storytelling, and problem-solving.
- Day 1 is dedicated to Financing and Cash Flow
- Day 2 is dedicated to Telling your Brand Story and E-comm
- Day 3 is the popular Pitch Day for companies to pitch for capital with the esteemed panel of investors.
For details, visit www.hirshberginstitute.com.
Naturally Bay Area Meetup: Spring Soirée
Thursday, May 12 | 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. PSTJoin members of the Naturally Bay Area community for an in-person happy hour on Thursday, May 12, at Uptown Oakland hotspot alaMar
Member tickets are $15, non-members are $25
At DWT, we are proud to have one of the largest Food + Beverage legal practices in the country, with over 40 attorneys representing food innovators, entrepreneurs, and investors at every level of the food chain, from Farm to Label.
The facts, laws, and regulations regarding COVID-19 are developing rapidly. Since the date of publication, there may be new or additional information not referenced in this advisory. Please consult with your legal counsel for guidance.
DWT will continue to provide up-to-date insights and virtual events regarding COVID-19 concerns. Our most recent insights, as well as information about recorded and upcoming virtual events, are available at www.dwt.com/COVID-19.