Food Venture Financing News - Weekly Issue No. 102
In This Issue:
- Food Venture Financing Trends
- CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
- Links to Relevant Content and Events
Food Venture Financing Trends
- Voyage Foods, a foodtech company that has recreated foods such as chocolate using sustainable ingredients, raised a $36 million Series A round.
- Melt&Marble, a Swedish-based foodtech company that uses precision fermentation to create plant-based fats, raised 5 million Euros in its seed funding round.
- Tate & Lyle, a large food and beverage ingredients company, acquired substantially all of the assets of Nutriati, a plant-based protein company, for an undisclosed amount.
CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
This week's featured program is Gastronome Ventures.
- Gastronome Ventures is a VC firm, founded in 2012 and headquartered in California.
Links to Relevant Content and Events
- Portland Pet Food Company Expands Management Team
- Regenerative Ag Seen as Key by General Mills Exec
- Whole Earth Brands Carves Out Its Sweet Spot in Alternative Sweeteners
- An Airbnb for Appliances, the Fermentation Frenzy
- Caribou Coffee, Just Egg Partner on Plant-Based Offering
- Sargento Foods Acquires String Cheese Producer Baker Cheese Factory
EVENTS & OPPORTUNITIES
Save the Dates for Hirshberg Entrepreneurship Institute 2022
Virtual Boot Camp | May 9-11, 2022
Wednesday, March 16, 12:00 - 12:45 p.m. PST
Join HEI online for three days of a highly interactive, intimate venue for networking, storytelling, and problem-solving.
- Day 1 is dedicated to Financing and Cash Flow
- Day 2 is dedicated to Telling your Brand Story and E-comm
- Day 3 is the popular Pitch Day for companies to pitch for capital with the esteemed panel of investors.
For details, visit www.hirshberginstitute.com.
Naturally Bay Area Meetup: Spring Soirée
Thursday, May 12 | 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. PSTJoin members of the Naturally Bay Area community for an in-person happy hour on Thursday, May 12, at Uptown Oakland hotspot alaMar
Member tickets are $15, non-members are $25
At DWT, we are proud to have one of the largest Food + Beverage legal practices in the country, with over 40 attorneys representing food innovators, entrepreneurs, and investors at every level of the food chain, from Farm to Label.
The facts, laws, and regulations regarding COVID-19 are developing rapidly. Since the date of publication, there may be new or additional information not referenced in this advisory. Please consult with your legal counsel for guidance.
DWT will continue to provide up-to-date insights and virtual events regarding COVID-19 concerns. Our most recent insights, as well as information about recorded and upcoming virtual events, are available at www.dwt.com/COVID-19.