In This Issue:
- Food Venture Financing Trends
- CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
- Links to Relevant Content and Events
Food Venture Financing Trends
- Ghost Financial, a platform that provides financing for ghost kitchen operators, announced that it will provide $100 million in financing and customized insurance for Cruising Kitchens, a custom food truck and mobile ghost kitchen manufacturer. Ghost Financial will become the exclusive financial partner for Cruising Kitchens.
- Flowers Foods, Inc., a large bakery food producer, announced that it invested an undisclosed sum in Base Culture, a foodtech startup specializing in gluten-free and grain-free breads and baked goods.
CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
This week's featured CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Fund is Capital Kitchens.
- Capital Kitchens is a shared-use commercial kitchen rental, culinary incubator, and mobile food commissary based in Texas. Capital Kitchens was named as one of the top 10 Mission Driven Incubator Kitchens in the country by Foodboro.
- Capital Kitchens specializes in the following sectors:
- CPG food & beverage manufacturers
- Artisan food & beverage
- Mobile food trucks & trailers
- Caterers, Personal Chefs, Bakers, and more
- Capital Kitchens has helped over 300 consumer package goods (CPG) companies, food manufacturers, caterers, chefs, and food truck businesses succeed since 2012, including:
- Maple & Merit
- Steamm Espresso
Links to Relevant Content and Events
- From Robotics to Alt Protein, Layoffs and Shutdowns Have Begun to Hit Food Tech
- Blue Ocean Barns Completes $20 Million Series A Financing, Accelerating Solution to Agricultural Methane Emissions
- Last Crumb Closes $3 Million Seed Round
- Q2 2022 AgTech Venture Capital Investment and Exit Round Up
- Pizzametry, Pioneering Maker of Pizza-Making Robotic Kiosks, Is Looking for a Buyer
EVENTS & OPPORTUNITIES
Naturally Bay Area: Survival Training Series for Emerging CPG Brands
Weathering the Gathering Storm: Part 2, Managing Cash (7/20 12 p.m. PT)
Wednesday, July 20 | 12:00 - 12:45 p.m. PDT
Join this discussion of current economic considerations and how to plan during uncertain times, with a focus on managing your cash and increasing your runway.This is the second of a four-part series to help entrepreneurs prepare for and endure the financial uncertainties of the current market.
Part 1: Raising Capital (6/29/22)
Part 2: Managing Cash (7/20/22)
Part 3: Borrowing Money (October, details to come)
Part 4: Becoming Profitable (November, details to come)
Naturally Austin: CPG Essentials: Retail 101 & Happy Hour with New Nexus Group
Thursday, July 21 | 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. CDT
Join Naturally Austin and Naturally Network partner, New Nexus Group on July 21st for an educational event and happy-hour mingle about retail opportunities for emerging natural-products brands.
New Nexus Group supports emerging natural brands and helps them get shelf space at Walmart and Sam's Club. Luke Briggs, Co-Founder, and Deidre Miller, Sales Director will share the pros and cons of pursuing distribution for your brand at Walmart.
Naturally Boulder: Networking Collision Series at Sanitas Brewing Company
Tuesday, July 26 | 5:00 - 8:00 p.m. MDT
This event kicks off Naturally Boulder's Collision Series of Networking Events – a low-key, relaxed series of no-registration-required connection opportunities where you'll run into old friends and be introduced to new contacts.
Naturally Bay Area: 4th Annual Pitch Slam
Thursday, July 28 | 12:00 - 2:00 p.m. PT
Seven finalists who will go head-to-head at the Naturally Bay Area's 4th Annual Pitch Slam.
These enterprising founders will deliver their best pitch in front of judges and audience for a chance to win the grand prize package including $5000 cash (courtesy of Aspect Consumer Partners), a booth at Expo East (courtesy of New Hope Network), a suite of professional services, and the opportunity to take the national stage at the Expo East Pitch Slam Semi-Finals! Plus, one additional finalist will also earn the opportunity to pitch at the Expo East Pitch Slam Semi-Finals.
At DWT, we are proud to have one of the largest Food + Beverage legal practices in the country, with over 40 attorneys representing food innovators, entrepreneurs, and investors at every level of the food chain, from Farm to Label.
The facts, laws, and regulations regarding COVID-19 are developing rapidly. Since the date of publication, there may be new or additional information not referenced in this advisory. Please consult with your legal counsel for guidance.
DWT will continue to provide up-to-date insights and virtual events regarding COVID-19 concerns. Our most recent insights, as well as information about recorded and upcoming virtual events, are available at www.dwt.com/COVID-19.