Food Venture Financing News - Weekly Issue No. 113
In This Issue:
- Food Venture Financing Trends
- CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
- Links to Relevant Content and Events
Food Venture Financing Trends
- Meati Foods, a fungi-based alternative meat company, announced that it raised $150 million in its Series C round. The company plans to use a portion of the funds to open a new production facility that will expand its footprint nationally.
- Cargill and Continental Grain Company purchased Sanderson Farms for $4.53 billion. The parties plan to combine Sanderson Farms with Wayne Farms, a subsidiary of Continental Grain, to create a new poultry business.
- Hivery, an SAAS-based AI tool that assists brick-and-mortar stores and CPG manufacturers with optimization product placement, announced that it raised $30 million in its Series B round. The round was led by Tiger Global.
CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
This week's featured CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Fund is Farm2050.
- Farm 2050 was co-founded by Innovation Endeavors and Finistere Ventures in California. Farm2050 is a collective of diverse partners - a complete ecosystem. It is committed to advancing the future of food through supporting AgTech entrepreneurs and startups.
Links to Relevant Content and Events
- Portland Pet Food Company Expands Management Team
- Regenerative Ag Seen as Key by General Mills Exec
- Whole Earth Brands Carves Out Its Sweet Spot in Alternative Sweeteners
- An Airbnb for Appliances, the Fermentation Frenzy
- Caribou Coffee, Just Egg Partner on Plant-Based Offering
- Sargento Foods Acquires String Cheese Producer Baker Cheese Factory
EVENTS & OPPORTUNITIES
Naturally Bay Area: 4th Annual Pitch Slam
Thursday, July 28 | 12:00 - 2:00 p.m. PTSeven finalists who will go head-to-head at the Naturally Bay Area's 4th Annual Pitch Slam.
These enterprising founders will deliver their best pitch in front of judges and audience for a chance to win the grand prize package including $5000 cash (courtesy of Aspect Consumer Partners), a booth at Expo East (courtesy of New Hope Network), a suite of professional services, and the opportunity to take the national stage at the Expo East Pitch Slam Semi-Finals! Plus, one additional finalist will also earn the opportunity to pitch at the Expo East Pitch Slam Semi-Finals.
Naturally North Bay: Complexities of SEO
Thursday, August 2 | 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. PT
Join this webinar on better understanding the complexities of Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Trevor Loeschen, a Channel Executive with Waterdrop Digital, will show you how to generate more leads, sales, and revenue by becoming the obvious choice in search results. These topics will be covered:
- How SEO works
- The correlation between SEO and the success of your business
- What kind of SEO is right for you
- A focused approach to your business goals
- Trevor Loeschen, Channel Executive at Waterdrop Digital
Naturally San Diego: Sales Forum: Activating Retail Shopper Marketing on a Budget
Wednesday, August 3 | 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. PTThis discussion will focus on how to support sales velocity at shelf while stretching dollars most efficiently.
Adam Hertel, President and Founder of Summit Sales Consulting and Danny Pham, Director of Strategy & Innovation at STN Digital will lead the conversation.
At DWT, we are proud to have one of the largest Food + Beverage legal practices in the country, with over 40 attorneys representing food innovators, entrepreneurs, and investors at every level of the food chain, from Farm to Label.
The facts, laws, and regulations regarding COVID-19 are developing rapidly. Since the date of publication, there may be new or additional information not referenced in this advisory. Please consult with your legal counsel for guidance.
DWT will continue to provide up-to-date insights and virtual events regarding COVID-19 concerns. Our most recent insights, as well as information about recorded and upcoming virtual events, are available at www.dwt.com/COVID-19.