Food Venture Financing News - Weekly Issue No. 114
In This Issue:
- Food Venture Financing Trends
- CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
- Links to Relevant Content and Events
Food Venture Financing Trends
- Deliveristo, an Italian food delivery startup, announced that it raised 7 million Euros in funding. The company plans to use the funds to expand its presence in Europe.
- Del Monte Foods announced that it acquired Kitchen Basis, a food company that creates ready-to-use stocks sand broths, for an undisclosed sum.
- PepsiCo announced that it will invest $550 million in Celsius Holdings, an energy drink company. Along with the investment, PepsiCo will appoint a member to the company's Board of Directors.
CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
This week's featured CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Fund is La Cocina.
- La Cocina is a kitchen incubator based in San Francisco. It supports businesses by providing an affordable commercial kitchen space, industry-specific technical assistance and access to market opportunities.
- La Cocina's incubator program focuses primarily on providing resources to women from communities of color and immigrant communities who are launching, growing and formalizing food businesses.
- Since 2005, La Cocina has focused, exclusively, on the project of small business incubation, with a vision to increase inclusivity in the food industry and offer equitable opportunity for living-wage work and asset generation.
- This VC fund has established a successful track record investing in some of the most innovative and fastest-growing early stage food and beverage companies.
Links to Relevant Content and Events
- Agri-Tech is a Ripe Market for Industrial IoT Services
- Ottonomy Debuts a Swervy, Customizable Delivery Robot in Ottobot 2.0 as it Closes $3.3 Million Seed Round
- Conscious Cultures Raises $1.5 Million & Rebrands to 'Bandit' as It Pushes Boundaries for Vegan Cheese
- Agtech Startup DataFarming Plants Seeds for $5 Million Raise
- ADM and Farmers Business Network Expand AgTech Platform
- Afresh Raises $115 Million in Series B Funding Round
- Hydration Brand Raises $1.3 Million in Funding
- Bayer Buys Majority Stake in St. Louis Agtech Startup
EVENTS & OPPORTUNITIES
Naturally San Diego
Supply Chain/Ops Forum: Logistics; what are we doing about it? Part 2
Thursday, August 11 | 4:30 - 6:00 p.m. PT
Location: Flock Freight, 687 South Coast Hwy, Suite 110, Encinitas, CaliforniaMeet other supply chain + operation leads to discuss logistics at Flock Freight HQ. The discussion will be led by Min Kim, Director of Strategic Solutions and Elizabeth Karabetsos, Director of Customer Success at Flock Freight, and Mike Noonan, VP of Operations of Bitchin' Sauce.
Marketing Forum: Leveraging Consumer Insights for Growth
Wednesday, August 17 | 4:00 - 5:00 p.m. PT
Speakers will be Matt Landen, VP of Insights & Analytics @ Goli and Dave Schaff, VP of Research & Insights at iBotta.
Naturally North Bay
Human Resources Forum
Tuesday, August 16 | 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. PTConnect with other Human Resources professionals to discuss relative and pertinent topics.
At DWT, we are proud to have one of the largest Food + Beverage legal practices in the country, with over 40 attorneys representing food innovators, entrepreneurs, and investors at every level of the food chain, from Farm to Label.
The facts, laws, and regulations regarding COVID-19 are developing rapidly. Since the date of publication, there may be new or additional information not referenced in this advisory. Please consult with your legal counsel for guidance.
DWT will continue to provide up-to-date insights and virtual events regarding COVID-19 concerns. Our most recent insights, as well as information about recorded and upcoming virtual events, are available at www.dwt.com/COVID-19.