Food Venture Financing News - Weekly Issue No. 119
In This Issue:
- Food Venture Financing Trends
- CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
- Links to Relevant Content and Events
Food Venture Financing Trends
- Capagro, a French VC fund, announced that it will launch a €200 million fund to invest in foodtech and agtech startups in Europe.
- Standing Ovation, a French plant-based dairy startup, announced that it raised €12 million ($12 million) in its Series A round. The company plans to use the funds to develop animal-free casein in its cheese products.
- Plenty Unlimited, a vertical indoor farming startup, plans to invest $300 million over six years to develop the largest indoor vertical farming campus in the world..
CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
This week's featured CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Fund is McCain Foods.
- McCain Foods, based in Toronto, Canada, is the world's largest manufacturer of frozen potato products. It also produces other quality products such as appetizers, vegetables and desserts that can be found in restaurants and retail stores in more than 160 countries around the world.
- McCain Foods has a significant food production network with a total of 49 production facilities globally - Canada (7), USA (9), Latin America (4), Europe (20), South Africa (2), Australia and New Zealand (5), India (1), and China (1).
- Portfolio companies include:
- GoodLeaf Farms
Links to Relevant Content and Events
- Joe Biden Signs Executive Order Backing Foodtech Such as Fermentation and Cellular Agriculture
- Where's the Smart Money Going in Food Tech? From Precision Nutrition to Enabling Tech for Alt Meat, Dairy. In Conversation With PeakBridge
- Gotham Greens Raises $310 Million and Makes First Acquisition
- Bond Pet Foods Closes Funding
- Prolific Machines Raises $42 Million From Breakthrough, Mayfield to Slash Cultivated Meat Costs
- Next Level Burger Gets $20 Million Investment to Reach Goal of 1,000 Units
EVENTS & OPPORTUNITIES
Naturally North Bay
Sales + Marketing Forum
Thursday, September 22, 12:00 - 12:45 p.m. PT
Join the Sales + Marketing Forum Co-Chairs Alissa Trinei of Manzana and Susie Picken of Voyage Foods to touch base on all things food in the North Bay.
Grab your lunch and join them for a casual discussion to touch base and enjoy a few laughs as we adjust and readjust in this ridiculously fast-paced (post)-Covid marketing and sales landscape.
- Alissa Trinei, Marketing Manager at Manzana Products Co., Inc.
- Susie Picken, Sr. Director, Sales of Voyage Foods
Naturally Los Angeles
2022 Sept Mixer
Monday, September 26, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. PT
Location: Flying Embers, 1581 Industrial St, Los Angeles, CA 90021
This is an informal evening of networking with other founders and executives in the Natural CPG community.
Naturally New York
Finding Capital as a Small Brand
Tuesday, September 27, 11:00 - 12:00 p.m. ET
Join this Mentor Hour presented by RCV Frontline Partners and special guest Veronica Lehman, Founder of Pure Organic Snacks, for a conversation focused on Finding Capital as a Small Business.
Learn what Seed and Series A Investors are looking for, and how brands can best position themselves to be attractive to early-stage investors. Hear from founders on how they're navigating their brands from the kitchen to national distribution.
- Andrew Reynolds, Managing Partner at RCV Frontline
- Veronica Lehman, Founder of Pure Organics
Expo East Pitch Slam After-Party presented by SPINS
Wednesday, September 28, 7:30 - 10:00 p.m. ET
Location: Reading Terminal Market, Arch Street 1136, Philadelphia, PA 19107
Attend the biggest party at 2022 Expo East! Join Naturally Network to celebrate all of their Pitch Slam candidates and this year's national winner at the Pitch Slam After-Party presented by SPINS..
At DWT, we are proud to have one of the largest Food + Beverage legal practices in the country, with over 40 attorneys representing food innovators, entrepreneurs, and investors at every level of the food chain, from Farm to Label.
The facts, laws, and regulations regarding COVID-19 are developing rapidly. Since the date of publication, there may be new or additional information not referenced in this advisory. Please consult with your legal counsel for guidance.
DWT will continue to provide up-to-date insights and virtual events regarding COVID-19 concerns. Our most recent insights, as well as information about recorded and upcoming virtual events, are available at www.dwt.com/COVID-19.