Food Venture Financing News - Weekly Issue No. 123
In This Issue:
CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
This week's featured CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Fund is Venturing & Emerging Brands (VEB).
- Founded in 2007, Venturing & Emerging Brands is the corporate venture capital arm of Coca-Cola based in Atlanta, Georgia. VEB invests in companies operating in the beverage sector that will generate future growth for the company.
- Portfolio companies include:
Links to Relevant Content and Events
- Next Level Burger Gets $20 Million Investment to Reach Goal of 1,000 Units
- Soli Organic Raises $125 Million to Further Expansion Plans
- Pacific Avenue Acquires SunOpta’s Sunflower and Roasted Snack Business
- Vegetable Pasta Maker It’s Skinny Lands Private Investment
- Synonym Announces $6.3 Million Pre-Seed Round for Biomanufacturing Development
- Wilkinson Baking Raises $3 million in Seed Round
- Nitricity Raises $20 Million Series A to Make Fertilizer Using Air, Water, and Renewable Energy
EVENTS & OPPORTUNITIES
Naturally New York
Raising Capital In A Difficult Market
Wednesday, October 26, 5:00 - 8:00 p.m. ET
During an environment marked by a bear market and looming recession, it can be very difficult for growth-stage companies to access capital. For companies not yet at scale, it can lead to slower growth or even insolvency. Join us for a fascinating glimpse into the minds of experienced, leading investors in the food and beverage industries who will discuss how to navigate this trying environment.
Stu Strumwasser, Managing Director with Green Circle Capital Advisors has been selling investments for over thirty years and will moderate the discussion. He will be joined by several leading investors in the space, all of whom have lived through up and down markets, recessions, and numerous other financial challenges. The group will provide critically valuable insights on how to raise needed capital for growth-stage businesses, valuation, closing rounds, financing options, changing views of venture capital investors, and more.
- Ben Brachot, Co-Founder & Managing Director, Dwight Funding
- Neda Daneshzadeh, Managing Partner, Prelude Growth Partners
- Sarah Foley, Partner, SWAT Equity Partners
- Franklin Isacson, Managing Partner, Coefficient Capital
Dia de los Muertos/Day of the Dead Celebration (Members Only)
Tuesday, November 1, 5:30 - 8:30 p.m. PT
Location: Uncommon Ground, 3800 N. Clark St., Chicago, Illinois
Celebrate Dia de los Muertos (Mexico’s Day of the Dead) with Naturally Chicago.
Cracking the Amazon Code
Thursday, November 3, 5:30 - 7:15 p.m. CT
Location: CU Boulder Center for Academic Success and Engagement, 1725 Euclid Ave., Boulder, Colorado
Do you want to sell more of your brand's products on Amazon? At this Education Event, industry experts will explain how to boost your sales and understand what it really takes to build a brand online. You will learn how to maximize your return on your investment, how to support sales efforts, and how to find the right experts to help bring your sales to the next level.
- Daniel Harari, GM, Ecommerce Solutions at SPINS
- Mike Sitrin, Founder of Riverboat, Amazon Agency
- Luke Tierney, Director of Ecommerce at Eco D2C
- Irena Todd, CEO of Fresh Monster
Naturally Bay Area
Thursday, November 3, 5:00 - 7:30 p.m. PT
Location: Oakstop, 2323 Broadway, Oakland, CA
Get ready to rub elbows and party! Enjoy food, drinks, and a showcase of emerging brands from the local community.
Naturally North Bay
Wednesday, November 9, 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. PT
Location: Griffo Distillery, 1320 Scott Street, Petaluma, CA
Let’s fall get together, enjoy one another’s company, taste some delicious food and cheers our natural products community in the North Bay!
Boosting Your Business on LinkedIn
Wednesday, November 16, 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. CT
Join this free webinar featuring a conversation of experts around how to thoughtfully engage on the platform and tell engaging stories to build your personal and business brand.
They’ll discuss why to use Linkedin, how to build your community and connection, how to utilize tools such as video, and best ways to create authentic engagement.
- Jim Slama (moderator), Managing Director of Naturally Chicago
- Jordan Buckner, Founder of Foodbevy
- Jonathan Lawrence, Vice President of Center Store at Fresh Thyme Market
- Erica Rankin, Founder/CEO of Bro Dough
At DWT, we are proud to have one of the largest Food + Beverage legal practices in the country, with over 40 attorneys representing food innovators, entrepreneurs, and investors at every level of the food chain, from Farm to Label.
The facts, laws, and regulations regarding COVID-19 are developing rapidly. Since the date of publication, there may be new or additional information not referenced in this advisory. Please consult with your legal counsel for guidance.
DWT will continue to provide up-to-date insights and virtual events regarding COVID-19 concerns. Our most recent insights, as well as information about recorded and upcoming virtual events, are available at www.dwt.com/COVID-19.