Food Venture Financing News - Weekly Issue No. 124
In This Issue:
CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
This week's featured CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Fund is The Sustainable Local Food Investment Group.
- The Sustainable Local Food Investment Group (SLoFIG) is a network of accredited independent investors who share the mission of using private investment to re-establish a robust and sustainable food system across the Chicago foodshed. It provides capital, expertise and a network of contacts to early stage companies to help drive their success.
- SLoFIG invests in early stage companies along the entire food value chain:
- production / farming / urban ag
- processing / business services
- aggregation / distribution
- consumer packaged goods
- grocery / other retail
- food service / meal delivery
- waste / compost
- Some of SLoFIG's portfolio companies include:
- Fillo's Americas Made
- Field and Farmer
- Village Farmstand
- Pear Chef
- Kitch FIX
- Pear Chef
- Moon Meals
Links to Relevant Content and Events
- BioVeritas Gets $65 Million For Fermented Upcycled Ingredients
- AgroSpheres Raises $22 Million in Series B Funding
- Propagate Raises $10 Million from AgFunder, Others to Help More Farmers Reap the Benefits of Agroforestry
- Growth Equity Fund Invests $10 Million in Cookie Shop>
- Brightseed Launches Upcycled Functional Gut Health Fiber
- Local Bounti Secures $23.3 Million Investment to Meet Robust Consumer Demand and Improve Unit Economics
EVENTS & OPPORTUNITIES
Cracking the Amazon Code
Thursday, November 3, 5:30 - 7:15 p.m. CT
Location: CU Boulder Center for Academic Success and Engagement, 1725 Euclid Ave., Boulder, Colorado
Do you want to sell more of your brand's products on Amazon? At this Education Event, industry experts will explain how to boost your sales and understand what it really takes to build a brand online. You will learn how to maximize your return on your investment, how to support sales efforts, and how to find the right experts to help bring your sales to the next level.
- Daniel Harari, GM, Ecommerce Solutions at SPINS
- Mike Sitrin, Founder of Riverboat, Amazon Agency
- Luke Tierney, Director of Ecommerce at Eco D2C
- Irena Todd, CEO of Fresh Monster
Naturally Bay Area
Thursday, November 3, 5:00 - 7:30 p.m. PT
Location: Oakstop, 2323 Broadway, Oakland, CA
Get ready to rub elbows and party! Enjoy food, drinks, and a showcase of emerging brands from the local community.
November CPG Homeroom
Wednesday, November 9, 9:00 - 10:00 a.m. CT
EPAC Flexible Packaging, 4509 Freidrich Ln #102, Austin, TX 78744
This is a regularly held small group event that includes coffee networking and access to experts through office hours on the second Wednesday of the month. Connect to the community, to workshop problems and find solutions with your peers, and learn how to get the most out of your membership. This particular event will be hosted at EPAC Flexible Packaging Office in St Elmo, you'll have the opportunity to meet the team and get a sneak peek into the behind-the-scenes with a tour of the packaging production facility!
Naturally Bay Area
Weathering the Gathering Storm: Part 4 Becoming Profitable
Wednesday, November 9, 12:00 - 12:45 p.m. PT
This is the final of this four-part series to help entrepreneurs prepare for and endure the financial uncertainties of the current market. In this session, you'll hear from experts in supply chain and account planning on how to manage margins to ensure a healthy profit.
Part 1: Raising Capital (6/29/22 watch the replay)
Part 2: Managing Cash (7/20/22 watch the replay)
Part 3: Borrowing Money (9/15/22)
Part 4: Becoming Profitable (11/9/22 register now)
- Kevin Cleary, Principal at Big Rock Growth Advisors LLC
- Rick Collins, Owner and President at 4C Solutions
- Greg Doyle, COO/CFO at GoMacro
- Brandon Hernandez, OWNER at Whole Brain Consulting
Naturally North Bay
Wednesday, November 9, 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. PT
Location: Griffo Distillery, 1320 Scott Street, Petaluma, CA
Let’s fall get together, enjoy one another’s company, taste some delicious food and cheers our natural products community in the North Bay!
Naturally Los Angeles
In Store Execution: How to Win at Retail
Wednesday, November 9, 5:00 - 9:00 p.m. PT ($15 non-member, Free for members)
Location: Spring Place, 9800 Wilshire Blvd., Beverly Hills
This discussion will include a diverse group of experts on in-store execution - sales & marketing leaders at brands, merchandising agencies, and marketing/in-store activation leads from LA-based retailers.
Boosting Your Business on LinkedIn
Wednesday, November 16, 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. CT
Join this free webinar featuring a conversation of experts around how to thoughtfully engage on the platform and tell engaging stories to build your personal and business brand.
They’ll discuss why to use Linkedin, how to build your community and connection, how to utilize tools such as video, and best ways to create authentic engagement.
- Jim Slama (moderator), Managing Director of Naturally Chicago
- Jordan Buckner, Founder of Foodbevy
- Jonathan Lawrence, Vice President of Center Store at Fresh Thyme Market
- Erica Rankin, Founder/CEO of Bro Dough
At DWT, we are proud to have one of the largest Food + Beverage legal practices in the country, with over 40 attorneys representing food innovators, entrepreneurs, and investors at every level of the food chain, from Farm to Label.
The facts, laws, and regulations regarding COVID-19 are developing rapidly. Since the date of publication, there may be new or additional information not referenced in this advisory. Please consult with your legal counsel for guidance.
DWT will continue to provide up-to-date insights and virtual events regarding COVID-19 concerns. Our most recent insights, as well as information about recorded and upcoming virtual events, are available at www.dwt.com/COVID-19.