Food Venture Financing News - Weekly Issue No. 125
In This Issue:
- Food Venture Financing Trends
- CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
- Links to Relevant Content and Events
Food Venture Financing Trends
- BioVeritas, an upcycled food sustainable startup, announced that it raised $65 million from Ara Partners, its majority shareholder.
- Roslin Technologies, a foodtech startup that develops animal stem cells for meat producers, announced that it raised 11 million pounds in its Series A round.
- Rebel Foods, a foodtech unicorn that operates cloud kitchens in the restaurant industry, announced that it raised $12.5 million in debt funding.
CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
This week's featured CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Fund is Tate & Lyle Ventures.
- Tate & Lyle Ventures is a corporate venture arm of Tate & Lyle that seeks to invest in companies operating in the fields of food science and technology, with a specific interest in products that help consumers stay healthy.
- The firm was founded in 2006 and operates two funds, Tate & Lyle Ventures LP and Tate & Lyle Ventures II LP, which are managed externally by Circadia Ventures LLP.
- Portfolio companies include:
- Changing Health
- Evolve Biosystems
- Tate & Lyle Ventures looks to invest in early-stage and growth food ingredient companies in the areas of sweeteners, texturants and "health & wellness."
Links to Relevant Content and Events
- BioVeritas Gets $65 Million For Fermented Upcycled Ingredients
- Foodtech startup Roslin Technologies scores £11 Million
- Cloud Kitchen Unicorn Rebel Foods Secures $12.5 Mn Debt Funding From Innoven, Trifecta
- Robotic Agtech Startup That Seeks To Revolutionize Agriculture Cuts Workforce In Half
- What is Foodtech, and Do VC investors Have a Hankering For It?
- Backed by GROWMARK and CHS, Cooperative Ventures Announces First Investment in Agtech Startup
- Biome Makers Receives $1.6 Million For AI Development To Accelerate Global Soil Restoration
- Craft Ventures Leads $11.5 Million Into Meez's Culinary Recipe Tool
- Aurora Capital Partners Acquires Universal Pure Holdings
- This $23 Billion Pizza Giant Just Invested in Vegan Cheese
- Olympus Partners to Sell Liquibox to Sealed Air Corporation
EVENTS & OPPORTUNITIES
Naturally New York
'Revealing the Cheese': How Consumer Emotion is Driving the Cheese Flavored Snack Market
Thursday, November 10, 11:00 - 11:30 a.m. ET
Snacking is big business and is more than just a response to feeling peckish. The world loves a good snack, and in 'Revealing the Cheese', Kerry dives into consumers' savory snack preferences and behaviors.
- Amy Devitt, Activation Marketing Manager at Kerry
Boosting Your Business on LinkedIn
Wednesday, November 16, 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. CT
Join this free webinar featuring a conversation of experts around how to thoughtfully engage on the platform and tell engaging stories to build your personal and business brand.
They’ll discuss why to use Linkedin, how to build your community and connection, how to utilize tools such as video, and best ways to create authentic engagement.
- Jim Slama (moderator), Managing Director of Naturally Chicago
- Jordan Buckner, Founder of Foodbevy
- Jonathan Lawrence, Vice President of Center Store at Fresh Thyme Market
- Erica Rankin, Founder/CEO of Bro Dough
Lunch & Learn with BigCommerce
Wednesday, November 16, 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. CT
Join this informative session with Naturally Austin partner BigCommerce on how to get your Ecommerce platforms ready for the Holiday season.
This will be a virtual session, so grab your lunch and join this insightful session, audience participation is highly welcomed and we will have a Q&A during the session.
Thought Leadership in Regenerative Agriculture
Wednesday, November 16, 3:00 p.m. CT
Location: Little & Co., 100 S. Washington Ave. #1200, Minneapolis
Are you curious to learn more about regenerative agriculture? Join Naturally MN as they celebrate the newest star in our sustainable food orbit, Tree-Range Farms. TRF is the final cog in an ecosystem built on regenerative land practices, animal health, and family farmer profitability & sustainability. The system is firmly grounded in a time-tested agriculture approach which places a premium on resiliency and measures success for the entire community. TRF CEO, Reginaldo Haslett-Marroquin, will share his journey to create a scalable regenerative farming system capable of transforming a significant portion of the poultry industry.
At DWT, we are proud to have one of the largest Food + Beverage legal practices in the country, with over 40 attorneys representing food innovators, entrepreneurs, and investors at every level of the food chain, from Farm to Label.
The facts, laws, and regulations regarding COVID-19 are developing rapidly. Since the date of publication, there may be new or additional information not referenced in this advisory. Please consult with your legal counsel for guidance.
DWT will continue to provide up-to-date insights and virtual events regarding COVID-19 concerns. Our most recent insights, as well as information about recorded and upcoming virtual events, are available at www.dwt.com/COVID-19.