Food Venture Financing News - Weekly Issue No. 127
In This Issue:
- Food Venture Financing Trends
- CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
- Links to Relevant Content and Events
Food Venture Financing Trends
- Vow, a cultivated meat maker startup, announced that it raised $49.2 million in its Series A round.
- An analysis by the Good Food Institute found that alternative protein companies raised $420 million in Q3 of this year, down from $833 million in Q2 and $911 in Q1.
- Although investments in foodtech companies have decreased this year, investors in the sector believe that foodtech companies will continue to attack investment due to the appeal of healthy, alternative protein options and commitment to sustainability.
CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
This week's featured CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Fund is Inventages.
- Inventages is an investment arm of Nestle S.A. and is based in Nassau, Bahamas.
- Inventages is one of the world's first strategic life-sciences, nutrition and wellness focused venture capital fund managers. It invests in early-stage companies operating in the life sciences, nutrition, and wellness sectors.
- Portfolio companies include:
- Vital Foods
- Horizon Science
- Inventages pursues opportunities for preventing and managing chronic diseases through diagnostics, drugs, OTC, medical and functional foods, nutraceuticals and enabling technologies that would address these major disease areas: cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, brain health, metabolic and bone health.
Links to Relevant Content and Events
- Upside Foods Gets FDA Approval for Cultivated Meat
- Flow Beverage Sells Virginia Facility for $19.5 Million
- GrubMarket Acquires Fresh Software Solutions | Progressive Grocer
- Halo Top Founder Backs Shelf-Stable Meal Startup
- LocalCoho Gets Marquee Investments From Rodger May, Per Heggelund | SeafoodSource
- Professional Athletes Participate in Clio Snacks' Funding Round
- Vow Raises $49.2 Million to Expand Cultivated Meat Production
- VCs Dish On Why Food Tech Investment Was So Light In Q3, While SAVRpak Bags Freshness Deal With Jüsto
EVENTS & OPPORTUNITIES
Naturally New York
Embracing Data in Your Retailer Pitch
Tuesday, November 29, 1:00 - 2:00 p.m. ET
Join WeStock Co-Founder, Cameron McCarthy for an informative session on how brands can start unlocking retail success through data. Topics for discussion include:
- Telling your brand story with data
- Data solutions for emerging brands
- What buyers are looking for
- How to position your brand against competitors using data
How to Collect and Protect Your Data and Leverage Your Consumer Relationships
Wednesday, November 30, 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. MT
These days, brands are finding data harder to collect, troublesome to secure, and more challenging to leverage. And with nationwide data privacy legislation tightening, the retirement of third-party cookies, iOS permission changes, and consumers' increasing efforts to control their data, it's only getting more difficult.
Learn about the new strategies and tools that ensure data compliance and build trusted consumer relationships that deliver user-generated content, word-of-mouth advocacy, ratings and reviews, sales growth and more.
In this session, we'll answer all of your data privacy, compliance, and consumer engagement questions to help you build a new data strategy and secure lasting brand love.
- Susan Frech, Founder and CEO of Vesta
- Tim Hayden, CEO & Managing Partner of Brain+Trust
I ❤️ Texas CPG Holiday Happy Hour
Thursday, December 1, 6:00 - 9:00 p.m. CT
Join this Texas-size holiday happy hour bringing together the incredible Texas CPG ecosystem!
There will be an opportunity for members of the community to showcase at this event. Fill out this form to submit your interest, deadline to apply is the 11th of November.
Naturally Bay Area
Leadership Networking Forums: CEOs & Founders Forum (In-Person) (Members Only)
In-Person Meeting, Thursday, December 1, 3:00 - 4:30 p.m. PT (Zoom), followed by a Happy Hour hosted by Harmless Harvest
Location: Harmless Harvest Office, 1814 Franklin St., Suite 1000 (10th floor), Oakland, CA 94612
Executive coach, Jonathan Hoyt, will facilitate our interactive session and lead us through the exercise. Stay after the session to network and connect for a happy hour hosted by CEO Ben Mand and the Harmless Harvest team.
Proof of vaccination is required for this event. We will reach out to you to confirm.
You must be a paid member of Naturally Bay Area, and be a Founder or CEO of a Natural Products CPG brand to participate.
- Jonathan Hoyt, Partner, Leadership Consulting at DHR Global
At DWT, we are proud to have one of the largest Food + Beverage legal practices in the country, with over 40 attorneys representing food innovators, entrepreneurs, and investors at every level of the food chain, from Farm to Label.
The facts, laws, and regulations regarding COVID-19 are developing rapidly. Since the date of publication, there may be new or additional information not referenced in this advisory. Please consult with your legal counsel for guidance.
DWT will continue to provide up-to-date insights and virtual events regarding COVID-19 concerns. Our most recent insights, as well as information about recorded and upcoming virtual events, are available at www.dwt.com/COVID-19.