Food Venture Financing News - Weekly Issue No. 135
In This Issue:
- Food Venture Financing Trends
- CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
- Links to Relevant Content and Events
Food Venture Financing Trends
- Danone announced it is exploring a potential sale and other strategic options for its organic dairy business, which includes Horizon Organic and Wallaby.
- Michroma, a precision fermentation ingredient food startup, announced that is raised $6.4 million in its seed round. The company plans to use the funds for commercialization of its natural colorants and research and development.
- Dole announced that it will sell its fresh vegetable business to a subsidiary of Chiquita for $293 million in cash.
CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Fund
This week's featured CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Fund is Capital Kitchens.
- Capital Kitchens is a shared-use commercial kitchen rental, culinary incubator, and mobile food commissary based in Texas. It creates a nurturing atmosphere for startups mixed with experienced food vendors. Capital Kitchens was named as one of the top 10 Mission Driven Incubator Kitchens in the country by Foodboro.
- Capital Kitchens specialize in the following sectors:
- CPG food & beverage manufactures
- Artisan food & beverage
- Mobile food trucks & trailers
- Caterers, Personal Chefs, Bakers, and more
- Capital Kitchens has helped over 300 consumer package goods (CPG) companies, food manufacturers, caterers, chefs, and food truck businesses succeed since 2012. Examples include:
- Credo Foods
- Simmering Soup Co
- Maple & Merit
- Steamm Espresso
Links to Relevant Content and Events
- Flytrex & CAU Plot Nationwide Roll Out of Drone Food Delivery After Getting FAA Approval
- From Ground to Plate: Four Investors on What’s Next in Foodtech and Agritech
- The Spoon Food Tech Weekly: About That Bloomberg Article
- Michroma Raises $6.4 Million to Speed Commercialization of Natural Red Food Color
- Standard AI Bridges Gap Between Autonomous & Self-Checkout With Acquisition of Skip
- As the Bee Population Declines, This Startup Secures $8 Million to Apply AI and EVs to Pollination
- Plant-Based Seafood Startup Reels in $5 Million
- Plant-Based Cheese Maker Opens Crowdfunding Round
- Danone to explore strategic options for the Horizon Organic and Wallaby businesses in the U.S.
- Dole Selling its Fresh Vegetables Division for $293 Million to Chiquita Subsidiary
Naturally Bay Area
Quick Bites: Generating Actionable Insights from Data Harmonization
Thursday, February 9, 12 – 12:45 p.m. PT
In this Quick Bites session, you'll hear from Bedrock Analytics along with several CPG sales & marketing leaders about how unifying multiple data streams can save time and improve outcomes. You'll learn how syndicated data, retail portal data, eCommerce, and distributor reports can be pulled together to get a clear picture of your performance and uncover insights that will help your business grow.
Naturally Bay Area
Sales & Marketing Forum Kickoff Meeting
Thursday, February 9, 4:30 – 6:30 p.m. PT
Location: Bedrock Analytics, 350 Frank Ogawa Plaza, Suite 500, Oakland, CA, US, 94612
Naturally Bay Area is kicking off the first session of their new Sales & Marketing Forum with an in-person meetup at Bedrock Analytics in Oakland. This session will be a great opportunity to network with fellow sales and marketing professionals and learn about resources that can support your professional activities.
Albertsons Innovation Launchpad 2023 at Expo West
Wednesday, March 8, 8:30 – 10:45 a.m. PT
Location: Natural Products Expo West
Brands compete before the show opens in a 10-minute fast pitch environment to one of our groups of judges. We will award 3 grand prize winners with prizes over $170K in cash and industry service value. The top 10 brands will also get a guaranteed appointment with the national team and a consultation package with SPINS (including data) to build their story. There will also be a lot of industry recognition to the winners.
Expo West Kick-Off Party
Wednesday, March 8
VIP Hour: 7:00 – 8:00 p.m. PT
General Admission: 8:00 – 10:00 p.m. PT
Location: Hilton Anaheim, West Convention Way 777, Anaheim, California, Pacific Ballroom
Join Naturally Network on March 8th for the Expo West Kick Off Party, presented by SPINS, in partnership with New Hope Network and Polsinelli. Get your Expo experience started right by connecting, networking, and mingling as a natural products community.
The facts, laws, and regulations regarding COVID-19 are developing rapidly. Since the date of publication, there may be new or additional information not referenced in this advisory. Please consult with your legal counsel for guidance.
DWT will continue to provide up-to-date insights and virtual events regarding COVID-19 concerns. Our most recent insights, as well as information about recorded and upcoming virtual events, are available at www.dwt.com/COVID-19.