Food Venture Financing News - Weekly Issue No. 143
In This Issue:
- Food Venture Financing Trends
- CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
- Links to Relevant Content and Events
Food Venture Financing Trends
- Grupo Bimbo's venture capital fund, Bimbo Ventures, announced that it made an investment in Olyra Foods, a foodtech company that produces organic and nutritional breakfast biscuits, as part of the company’s $4 million round.
- EniferBio, a Finnish startup that produces Pekilo mycoprotein powder, announced that it raised 11 million Euros in its Series A round. The company plans to use the funds to scale its mycoprotein powder product.
- Coca-Cola India announced that it acquired a 15% stake in Hashtag Loyalty to access its food-ordering platform Thrive.
CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Fund
This week's featured CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Fund is Farm 2050.
- Farm 2050 was co-founded by Innovation Endeavors and Finistere Ventures in California. Farm2050 is committed to advancing the future of food through supporting AgTech entrepreneurs and startups.
- Farm 2050’s partners include:
- The Wonderful Company
- AgriTech New Zealand
- Wells Fargo
- John Deere
- Farm2050 brings together researchers, farmers, entrepreneurs, manufacturers, and distributors to accelerate the path for new disruptive AgTech.
Links to Relevant Content and Events
- Drink Monday Looks to Crowdfunding to Fuel Retail Expansion, as Non-Alcoholic Category Evolves
- Smalls Raises Another $19 Million for its High-Quality Fresh Cat Food Brand
- Cropx Closes $30 Million Series C to Fund Expansion, Acquisitions
- Flyby Robotics Launches Food Delivery Via Drone in East Valley
- Flyby Launches Food Drone Delivery With Nekter Juice Bar, Salad Collective, & Other Food Retailers Closes $4 Million Pre-Seed
- Vivid Machines Closes $4.3 Mllion Seed Funding Round
- TKO Miller Advises Legacy Bakehouse LLC on its Sale to Benford Capital Partners
Naturally Bay Area
Quick Bites: Category Trends with Top Retail Buyers
Wednesday, April 26, 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. PT
With EXPO West fresh in everybody's mind, Naturally Bay Area has invited buyers from top retailers to reveal the industry trends they are excited about and share tips on how to be successful at their stores. Hear about the trends they're seeing, review timing and criteria, preferred marketing support tactics, and how to set yourself up for success.
- Jen Berliner, Head of Marketing, Sales and Ecommerce at Patagonia Provisions
- Monika Coyle, Executive Director Local and Emerging Brands of Whole Foods Market
- Thuy Nguyen, Category Manager at Thrive Market
- Tobi Seriki, National Category Manager at Albertsons
Naturally Bay Area
What She Said: Celebrating Women in Culinary
Thursday, May 4, 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. PT
Location: W San Francisco, 181 3rd Street, San Francisco, CA
W San Francisco invites you to the latest installment of What She Said, an evening celebrating Women in Culinary, co-presented by Naturally Bay Area. Join them for an intimate conversation with key players in the food and beverage world.
- Christine Keller, CEO/co-founder of Moodify
- Na'ama Moran, CEO/co-founder of Cheetah
- Kathy Fang, chef/co-owner of Fang
- Imana, chef and owner of Hi Felicia
- Dawn Taylor-Cole, executive chef at W San Francisco
- Moderated by Robyn Rutledge, CEO and Founder, SBG Growth
Naturally Bay Area
5th Annual Pitch Slam + Community Celebration
Wednesday, May 10, 3:30 – 8:00 p.m.
Location: Square Uptown Station, 1955 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94612
Let's celebrate the Bay Area's up-and-coming Natural Products Industry brands with a community celebration and pitch competition. A select group of entrepreneurs will pitch to the industry's premier investors, retailers, and industry peers for a chance to win prizes worth tens of thousands of dollars, including a booth at EXPO East and the opportunity to pitch on the national stage!