Food Venture Financing News - Weekly Issue No. 146
In This Issue:
- Food Venture Financing Trends
- CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
- Links to Relevant Content and Events
Food Venture Financing Trends
- A recent report by PitchBook predicts that the ecommerce foodtech sector will perform well in 2023. Industry experts predict a 30% revenue growth in the online grocery and food delivery sectors in 2023.
- Prime Roots, a plant-based meat foodtech company utilizing koji mycelium to develop alternative meat products, announced that it raised $30 million in its Series B round.
- Constellation Brands announced that it acquired a minority stake in Töst, a sparkling alcohol-free brand.
- ingarden, a German startup that develops at-home microgreen cultivation kits, announced that it raised 500 million Euros in its latest funding round.
CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Fund
This week's featured program is The Sustainable Local Food Investment Group.
- The Sustainable Local Food Investment Group (SLoFIG) is a network of accredited independent investors who share the mission of using private investment to re-establish a robust and sustainable food system across the Chicago foodshed.It provides capital, expertise and a network of contacts to early stage companies to help drive their success.
- SLoFIG invests in early stage companies along the entire food value chain:
- production / farming / urban ag
- processing / business services
- aggregation / distribution
- consumer packaged goods
- grocery / other retail
- food service / meal delivery
- waste / compost
- Some of SLoFIG’s portfolio companies include:
- Canopy Farm Management
- Fillo’s Americas Made
- Village Farmstand
- Pear Chef
- Kitch FIX
- Prairie Wind Family Farm
Links to Relevant Content and Events
- Stoli Group Backs Hemp-Based Pathfinder to Find Non-Alc Growth Route
- Ibiza Elixir Basbas Launches $2 Million Equity Raise to Make Play for Low-ABV, Herbal Spirit Market
- STX Beef Co. Buys Missouri Prime Beef Packers
- Testa Produce Joins FreshEdge
- The VC Playbook Won’t Work For Regen – So What Will?
- Why Europe’s Climate-Focused Food Start-Ups Are Defying The Slowing Global Investment Trend
- COFRA Holding Joins Hedera Governing Council to Accelerate DLT Adoption and Further Leadership in Sustainability
- Wastewater Specialist Gradiant Raises $225 Million Despite Slowdown in Venture Capital Deals
Networking Collision Series at Jungle!
Tuesday, May 30, 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. MT
Location: Jungle, 10th Street 2018, Boulder, Colorado
Welcome to the latest installment of Naturally Boulder's Collision Series of Networking Events – a low-key, relaxed series of no-registration-required connection opportunities where you'll run into old friends and connect with new contacts.
Naturally North Bay
QA+Operations Forum: Tour of Traditional Medicinals
(NNB Members Only Event)
Wednesday, May 31, 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. PT
Location: 4515 Ross Rd, Ross Road 4515, Sebastopol, California
Join Naturally North Bay's QA + Operations Forum for a tour of Traditional Medicinals! Space is very limited for this forum tour!
From Kitchen to Co-man: What it Takes to Scale Your Formula Successfully
Wednesday, May 31, 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. CT
Join this Lunch 'n Learn Educational session on formula development beyond the kitchen, featuring guest speakers from Stauber Ingredients, Becki Schwietz and Olivia Feilen. They, along with Kate LaBrosse from Sted Chocolate, will discuss how to formulate for your market opportunity, the timeline and what to watch out for when shifting to a larger scale, and how to manage this process so you have a smooth transition.