Food Venture Financing News - Weekly Issue No. 150
In This Issue:
- Food Venture Financing Trends
- CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
- Links to Relevant Content and Events
Food Venture Financing Trends
- Unilever announced that it plans to acquire Yasso, a low-calorie frozen yogurt brand, for an undisclosed amount.
- Hungry, a foodtech marketplace that connects chefs with clients for catering services, announced that it raised $10 million in its Series C round resulting in a company valuation of $270 million.
- Jay & Joy, an organic plant-based foodtech company, announced that it raised 2 million Euros in its seed round.
CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Fund
This week's featured corporate venture and private equity fund is PINC Group.
- PINC is Paulig's (a Finland-based, family-owned food and beverage company) venture arm for early stage investments in the future of food.
- PINC's primary investment focus includes the following:
- Pre-seed & seed
- Scalable to 10-50+ MEUR within 5-10 years
- Nordics but open to Europe
- High degree of innovation in Taste, Health, Sustainability or Availability
- Lead or co-invest
- PINC's portfolio includes the following:
- WNWN Food Labs – producer of the world’s first cocoa-free alternative to chocolate
- EvodiaBio – bio-industrial company that reinvents production of natural aromas
- Melt & Marble - next generation of plant-based fat
- Willicroft – plant-based cheese company
- Carrot Kitchen - mobile cooking buddy for kids
- Mirai Foods - second generation of cellular meat
- Kaffe Bueno - upcycling of coffee waste into high value ingredients
Links to Relevant Content and Events
- Food Manufacturers Adapt to Changing Landscape: Investments, Mergers, and Innovations Drive Growth Opportunities
- FreshRealm to Acquire Blue Apron’s Infrastructure
- Bunge to Merge With Glencore-Backed Viterra in $8.2 Billion Agribusiness Deal
- Unilever to Acquire Frozen Greek Yogurt Brand Yasso
- MidOcean Partners Acquires QualiTech
- AgTech Plant Health Startup Croptix Announces Milestone Investment Led by Advancing Eco Agriculture
Naturally New York
A Fancy New York Pitch Slam 2023
Monday, June 26, 4:00 – 5:30 p.m. ET
Location: Summer Fancy Food Show, Jacob K. Javits Convention Center - Hall E, 429 11th Avenue
Naturally New York and the Specialty Food Association are partnering on its 2nd Pitch Slam competition. This event provides a platform for entrepreneurs in the natural and specialty products industry to present their consumer packaged goods (CPG) brands to a panel of industry judges and audience members for a chance to win a prize package valued at over $150,000!
Naturally New York
The UnFancy Cocktail Party
Monday, June 26, 8:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. ET
Location: Lavan Studios (Chelsea), 541 West 25th Street, New York
This year's UnFancy Cocktail Party is hosted by Green Circle Capital and CI RegentAtlantic Private Wealth, will take place after the Summer Fancy Food Show. Naturally New York is a proud partner of this year's event along with Anchin, BeyondBrands, Dwight Funding, Nutter, and Southard Communications.
Naturally Los Angeles
Lunch and Learn: How to Win With Data
Wednesday, June 28, 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. PT
Location: The Semi-Tropic, Glendale Boulevard 1412, Los Angeles
It's no secret that data is critical for growing your brand and showing buyers why you deserve shelf space. However, do you know:
- When is the right time to start using data?
- How to effectively talk to retailers using data?
- Which insights are most impactful for incorporating into your sell story?
If you're looking for answers to these questions, join SPINS and Naturally LA for a Lunch & Learn.
- Benji Fitts, Director of Client Insights at SPINS
Networking Collision Series at Oskar Blues
Wednesday, June 28, 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. MT
Location: Oskar Blues, 1555 Hover St., Longmont, Colorado
Thursday, June 29 | 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. CT
2nd Annual Summer Spree
Location: FINNEGANS Brew Co., South 5th Avenue 817, Minneapolis
Join Naturally Minnesota and FINNOVATION Lab to celebrate the arrival of summer and to Re(Discover) connections in the natural products startup community!