Food Venture Financing News - Weekly Issue No. 157
In This Issue:
- Food Venture Financing Trends
- CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Funds
- Links to Relevant Content and Events
Food Venture Financing Trends
- Campbell Soup announced that it plans to acquire Sovos Brands for $2.7 billion. The deal is Campbell's largest acquisition since 2018.
- Livekindly Collective, a New York-based plant-based food brands group, announced that it has acquired Alpha Foods, a plant-based meat company, representing its sixth food brand acquisition.
- High Brew Coffee, a Texas-based ready-to-drink cold brew coffee company, announced that Belly, a Central American multinational beverage company, acquired a 78% stake in High Brew Coffee.
CPG Corporate Venture and Private Equity Fund
This week's featured corporate venture and private equity fund is AB InBev (ZX Ventures).
- ZX Ventures was launched in 2015 as the global investment and innovation group of AB InBev, the leading global brewer.
- ZX Ventures provides its portfolio companies and best-in-class entrepreneurs and operators with access to AB InBev's network of subject matter experts, supply chain capabilities, route-to-market expertise, marketing properties, and partnerships to help them grow their businesses.
- Growth Equity Fund, which focuses on Agile Industry, Circular Solutions, and Direct to Consumer
- New Venture Fund, which invests in early-stage (Seed through Series B) ventures across Circular Ventures, Future of Socialization, and Agile Industry
- The Beverage Fund, which seeks to build a pipeline of high potential brands driving and accelerating the Company's beverage portfolio transformation
- Portfolio companies include:
- Cutwater Spirits
- GHOST Energy
- Goose Island
- Pensa Systems
- Super Coffee
Links to Relevant Content and Events
- Plant-Based Meat Alternatives Continue Decline in Sales
- FreshEdge Acquires Sirna & Sons Produce
- MGPI Earnings Climb Behind Ingredient Segment Strength
- Shearer's Foods ‘Eyes Sale of US Snacks Business in $3 Billion Potential Deal'
- RTD Cold Brew Maker High Brew Acquired by Beliv
- Livekindly Collective Makes First US Acquisition With Alpha Foods Deal
Naturally North Bay
Human Resources Roundtable
Tuesday, August 15 | 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. PT
Join Naturally North Bay's Human Resources Forum for a roundtable discussion focusing on the sharing of best practices, experiences and thoughtful pieces of advice to other professionals within the world of HR.
Dinner at Cultivate by Forbidden Root
Wednesday, August 16 | 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. CT
Location: Cultivate by Forbidden Root, 4710 North Ravenswood Ave., Chicago, Illinois
Socialize in a relaxed atmosphere and enjoy delicious food, amazing fresh-brewed craft beer at Naturally Chicago's Dinner at Cultivate by Forbidden Root. The dinner takes place on Wednesday, Aug. 16 with an hour-long reception beginning at 5:30 p.m. The dinner preparations will include super-fresh, locally produced ingredients. Forbidden Root has established itself over the past decade as one of Chicago's best craft breweries, and its focus on botanical-based beers has won national respect for the brewery.
Naturally Los Angeles
Facility Tour Series: Koia
Thursday, August 17 | 2:00 – 4:00 a.m. PT
Location: Koia, 4940 E. Landon Drive, Anaheim, CA
Join Naturally Los Angeles for an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour of Koia's state-of-the-art facility in Anaheim! This special event is part of their curated event series that provides unique experiences to Naturally LA members looking to see deep inside the inner working of packing facilities and brand headquarters.
From farm to bottle, witness firsthand how Koia produces their all-natural, plant-powered beverages. This immersive experience will not only give you an inside look at Koia's production process, but you'll also learn about their commitment to health, sustainability, and innovation.
*Space is limited and is expected to fill up quickly.