Yasmin Amin-Reimer helps technology clients commercialize their innovations by drafting and negotiating licensing agreements that not only effectively bring products to market, but also protect vital investments in intellectual property. To that end, Yasmin is experienced with preparing and prosecuting utility patent applications based on invention disclosures for U.S. and foreign filing and applies her engineering background to efficiently craft deals between innovators and third parties.
Before beginning her legal career, Yasmin was a biomedical engineer for one of the leading providers of products and services for individuals with renal disease. During her time in the bioengineering field, Yasmin's work included the management, analysis, and improvement of risk management on issues ranging from software implementation to R&D. Yasmin received her M.S. in bioengineering from the University of California, Riverside and her B.S. in biomedical engineering from the University of California, Davis.
Admitted to Practice
J.D., New York University School of Law, 2018
- Executive Editor, Journal of Intellectual Property & Entertainment Law
- Treasurer, Mental Health Law and Justice Association
M.S., Bioengineering, University of California, Riverside, 2013
B.S., Biomedical Engineering, University of California, Davis, 2012
- Dean's List
- Research Assistant
- Theta Tau
Memberships & Affiliations
- Thurgood Marshall Bar Association, 2019-present
- Orange County Women Lawyers Association, 2019-present
- Biomedical Engineering Society, 2013-2014
- National Society of Black Engineers, 2013-2015
- Associate, 2019-2021; Summer Associate, 2017 – Knobbe, Martens, Olson & Bear LLP, Irvine, Calif.
- Summer Associate, Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP, New York, 2016, 2017
- Biomedical Engineer, Fresenius Medical Care, North America, Concord, Calif., 2013-2015