Michaela Bantilan Andrawis focuses her practice on the healthcare industry. She regularly provides guidance to healthcare providers on regulatory matters such as California licensure requirements, behavioral health, Medicare and Medicaid coverage, reimbursement, Stark and anti-kickback laws, financial relationships between providers, peer review and credentialing, and corporate and medical staff governance.
Michaela is experienced in counseling healthcare organizations regarding operational issues and regulatory compliance, and works with clients to provide practical and effective resolutions. She has reviewed numerous policies, rules and regulations, bylaws, and other procedural documents, and assists clients in their interpretation and implementation.
Michaela also advises on corporate and transactional matters. She represents hospitals, health systems, medical groups, and other healthcare providers in mergers and acquisitions, affiliations, joint ventures, and financing transactions. She conducts due diligence of transaction-related healthcare regulatory and compliance issues, and drafts transaction documents, including corporate governance documents, professional and administrative service agreements, and noncompetition agreements.
Medical staff guidance
Financial relationships with physicians
Admitted to Practice
J.D., Loyola University Chicago School of Law, 2013
- Certificate in Health Law
- Beazley Institute of Health Law & Policy Fellow, 2011-2012
- Barry & Angela Richards Labor Law Award, 2012
- Member, Annals of Health Law, 2011-2012
- Executive Director of Initiatives, Health Law Society, 2011-2012
B.A., Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, 2007
Memberships & Affiliations
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Philippine American Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- California Society for Healthcare Attorneys
- Selected to a list of "Ones to Watch" in Health Care Law (Los Angeles), Best Lawyers, 2022
- Legal Intern, Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles, Office of General Counsel, Los Angeles, 2013
- Legal Intern, Presence Health, Office of Legal Affairs, Chicago, 2012
- Law Clerk, SmithAmundsen LLC, Chicago, 2012
- Legal Intern, S&P Law Firm, Beijing, 2011