Zach Bench is an attorney in the Corporate and Business Transactions practice group. He counsels clients on M&A deals, securities law, and corporate governance matters. Zach has significant experience representing private and public companies in mergers and acquisitions, restructurings and recapitalizations, and equity and convertible debt financings, as well as corporate governance matters.
Zach also represents investors and issuers in early- and late-stage preferred stock and convertible promissory note financing rounds.
Zach is an active member of Davis Wright Tremaine's private equity practice. This year, Zach represented private equity firm Westward Partners in its acquisition of Three Bears Alaska, one of the leading retailers in western Alaska.
Zach is a member of the firm's New Space Industry Committee and advises on all aspects of corporate transactions in that industry sector. This year, he represented Blue Origin in its acquisition of Honeybee Robotics, a leading spacecraft robotics company.
Zach has extensive experience representing financial institutions in transactions. This year, he represented Kestra Financial, the parent company of Bluespring Wealth Partners, in Bluespring's acquisitions of several wealth management firms, including Joule Financial, Welty Capital Management, and WealthPartners LLP.
Corporate and M&A
Admitted to Practice
New York, 2014
J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2013, cum laude
- President, Global Law Scholars
- Executive Editor, Georgetown Journal of International Law
- Contributing Student Author, International Migrants Bill of Rights
B.A., Philosphy, The George Washington University, 2007
- Associate, Shearman & Sterling LLP, New York and San Francisco, 2013-2021
- Student Counsel, Civil Rights Section, Institute for Public Representation, Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, D.C., 2012
- Legal Intern, Bureau of Consular Affairs, U.S. Department of State, Washington, D.C., 2011
- Legal Intern, Office of Sen. Patty Murray, U.S. Senate, Washington, D.C., 2011
- Volunteer, Small Business Development, U.S. Peace Corps, Guinea, West Africa, 2007-2009