Mark Berry counsels employers on their most challenging employment situations. He provides practical solutions for employers to achieve their goals, while minimizing legal risks. He successfully advocates for his clients in various dispute resolution forums, assisting employers to resolve employment issues to their satisfaction. Mark believes that strong advocacy for his clients’ interests combined with collegial relationships with witnesses, decision-makers, and opposing counsel net outstanding results. His excellent work has been recognized by his peers as a Fellow in the College of Labor and Employment Lawyers.
An engaging speaker and trainer, Mark frequently conducts highly acclaimed training programs for lawyers, managers, and HR professionals.
Mark currently serves as chair of Davis Wright Tremaine’s 95-member Employment Services Group. He oversees the employment, labor, benefits, and immigration partners and associates across multiple offices, working with the team to implement strategies to provide the best legal support possible for DWT’s clients.
Management, employee, and human resources training
Admitted to Practice
J.D., University of Michigan Law School, 1986
B.A., Political Science, The Ohio State University, 1983
Memberships & Affiliations
- Board of Directors, Hopelink
- Past President, King County Library System Foundation
- Named one of "America's Leading Lawyers for Business" by Chambers USA in Labor & Employment (Washington), 2009-2022
- Named one of the "Best Lawyers in America" in Labor and Employment Law by Best Lawyers, 2003-present
- Selected to "Washington Super Lawyers" in Employment & Labor, Thomson Reuters, 2012-2019
- Fellow, College of Labor and Employment Lawyers, 2017