Jeff Bosley is a seasoned labor and employment attorney with over 20 years of experience working with clients to provide practical advice concerning labor and employment issues, including compliance with wage and hour and leave obligations, workforce restructuring, operational changes, and collective bargaining. Jeff has negotiated numerous labor agreements, including first collective bargaining agreements, project labor agreements, and neutrality agreements. He represents a broad range of clients in the distribution, manufacturing, retail, healthcare, energy, food and beverage, hospitality, aerospace, and technology industries, routinely arguing before state and federal agencies, including the National Labor Relations Board.
Jeff also regularly conducts training and counsels clients concerning employment policies, negotiates executive employment agreements, supports corporate transactions, and has litigated employment law disputes before state and federal trial and appellate courts and arbitrators. A frequent speaker on labor matters, Jeff has also written extensively on the impacts of social media and technology in the workplace.
- Represented employers in aerospace, manufacturing and healthcare industries defending organizing drives under the NLRB’s expedited election rules.
- Provided strategic advice and counseling regarding national labor strategy to retail, distribution, and manufacturing employers.
- Assisted with negotiation of a closure agreement and successful defense of multiple unfair labor practice charges arising from the closure of a union facility.
- Successfully negotiated first contracts for retail employer at multiple U.S. locations.
- Assisted with the implementation of engineered standards at several distribution facilities, and successfully defended labor arbitrations concerning discipline of employees pursuant to the standards.
- Drafted and enforced agreements to protect trade secrets and restrict unfair competition.
- Drafted and enforced multiple pre-dispute arbitration agreements concerning employment law claims.
Admitted to Practice
District of Columbia
J.D., Villanova University, 1993
- Moot Court Board
- Co-founder, Sports and Entertainment Law Society
B.S., Industrial and Labor Relations, Cornell University, 1988
Memberships & Affiliations
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Pro Bono Employment Counsel, GRID Alternatives, Oakland, Calif., 2009-present
- Author, NLRA Notes, California Labor and Employment Law Journal, 2008-Present
- Contributing Editor, Developing Labor Law, 2004-present
- Labor and Employment Law Section, American Bar Association
- Advisory Board, Villanova Sports & Entertainment Law Journal, 2007-2012
- Chair, Cornell University School of Industrial and Labor Relations, Northern California Alumni Association Chapter, 1995-2006
- Named one of the "Best Lawyers in America" in Employment Law - Management and Labor Law - Management by Best Lawyers, 2021-present
- Fellow, College of Labor and Employment Lawyers, 2016-present
- Selected to "Northern California Super Lawyers," Thomson Reuters, 2012-2013, 2019-2021
- Labor Relations Representative, Pepsi-Cola, 1988-1990