Tiffanie de la Riva focuses her practice on employment law, and she represents employers in a variety of industries. Tiffanie has experience defending against claims involving harassment, retaliation, discrimination, wrongful termination, and wage and hour issues. She is experienced in all phases of litigation, including engaging in discovery, conducting witness interviews, preparing substantive motions, and taking and defending depositions. Tiffanie has experience representing clients in state and federal court, as well as in front of administrative agencies.
Her practice also includes counseling employers on issues including employee discipline, terminations, and providing reasonable accommodations.
Wage and hour litigation
Admitted to Practice
U.S. District Court Central District of California
U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
U.S. District Court Northern District of California
J.D., University of California, Davis School of Law, 2015
- Witkin Award, Highest Grade in Legal Research and Writing; Highest Grade in Negotiations
- Dean's Merit Scholarship
- Staff Editor, Business Law Journal
- 1L Representative 2012-2013; Co-chair 2013-2014 – La Raza Law Student Association
- Teaching Assistant, Torts; Legal Research and Writing
B.S., Business Administration, University of Southern California, 2008
- Marshall Academic Scholarship Award
- Alpha Kappa Psi Business Fraternity
Memberships & Affiliations
- San Francisco La Raza Lawyers Association
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- The Bar Association of San Francisco
- American Bar Association
- Associate, 2015-2018; Law Clerk, 2015; Summer Associate, 2014 – Stoel Rives LLP, Sacramento, Calif.
- Judicial Extern, Hon. Garland E. Burrell Jr., U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California, Sacramento, Calif., 2013