Valerie Gallo helps businesses of all sizes navigate the challenges associated with running a successful workplace. She has defended numerous companies against claims of discrimination and harassment, with particular focus on claims of disability discrimination and failure to provide a reasonable accommodation. Valerie is also committed to providing advice to clients on how to make modifications in the workplace, which not only aim to reduce exposure to litigation, but also aim to improve the employee’s work environment.
Valerie has several years of experience litigating matters in state court, federal court, and various arbitration forums. She is experienced with all aspects of litigation, including taking and defending depositions, preparing substantive motions for hearing in court, and trial. She also is experienced with informal negotiations, mediation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution. Valerie also has experience conducting arbitrations in a variety of forums, including AAA and FINRA. Before joining Davis Wright Tremaine, Valerie defended a variety of clients in civil matters, including financial services professionals, architects, engineers and design firms, and public entities.
Single plaintiff discrimination and harassment claims
State and federal civil lawsuits
Admitted to Practice
J.D., Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, 2012
- Chief Note & Comment Editor, Loyola of Los Angeles International and Comparative Law Review, 2011-2012
- Scott Moot Court Competition, Top 10 Brief, Oral Argument Semi-Finalist, 2012
B.A., Political Science, University of California, Los Angeles, 2008, summa cum laude
- Associate, Winget, Spadafora & Schwartzberg LLP, Los Angeles, 2015-2017
- Law Clerk, 2011-2013; Associate, 2013-2015; Collins Collins Muir & Stewart LLP, South Pasadena, Calif.
- Judicial Extern for the Hon. Judge Valerie Baker Fairbank, U.S. District Court, Los Angeles, 2010
- Law Clerk, Wesierski & Zurek LLP, Los Angeles, 2010
- Clerk, Gascou Hopkins LLP, Los Angeles, 2006