Valerie Gallo helps businesses of all sizes navigate the challenges associated with running a successful workplace in a variety of industries such as healthcare, tourism, transportation, retail, and media. She has defended numerous companies against claims of discrimination and harassment, with particular focus on claims of disability discrimination and failure to provide a reasonable accommodation. Valerie is also committed to providing advice to clients on how to make modifications in the workplace, which not only aim to reduce exposure to litigation, but also aim to improve the employee's work environment.
Valerie has several years of experience litigating matters in state court, federal court, and various arbitration forums. She is experienced with all aspects of litigation, including taking and defending depositions, preparing substantive motions for hearing in court, and trial. She also is experienced with informal negotiations, mediation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution. Valerie also has experience conducting arbitrations in a variety of forums, including AAA and FINRA. Before joining Davis Wright Tremaine, Valerie defended a variety of clients in civil matters, including financial services professionals, architects, engineers and design firms, and public entities.
Single plaintiff discrimination and harassment claims
State and federal civil lawsuits
Admitted to Practice
J.D., Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, 2012
B.A., Political Science, University of California, Los Angeles, 2008, summa cum laude
- Selected to a list of "Ones to Watch" in Labor and Employment Law - Management by Best Lawyers, 2021
- Selected to "Southern California Rising Stars," Thomson Reuters, 2020
- Leadership Counsel & Legal Diversity (Pathfinder Program), 2020
- Associate, Winget, Spadafora & Schwartzberg LLP, Los Angeles, 2015-2017
- Associate, 2013-2015; Collins Collins Muir & Stewart LLP, South Pasadena, Calif.
- Judicial Extern for the Hon. Judge Valerie Baker Fairbank, U.S. District Court, Los Angeles, 2010