Alan Galloway focuses his practice on telecommunications and technology, helping communications and technology clients succeed in challenging regulatory landscapes. He advises and assists clients deploying next-generation network infrastructure, whether in locally managed rights-of-way or between international datacenters. Alan has experience assisting clients in obtaining colocation space, dark fiber leases and IRUs, lit services, and interconnection rights, both in the U.S. and around the world. He also helps clients achieve funding and regulatory approvals in proceedings before the FCC, state utility commissions, and municipal governments, and is prepared to litigate disputes when necessary.
Deployment of broadband infrastructure
Emerging technologies & AI
Admitted to Practice
J.D., University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, 2008
- Order of the Coif
- Certificate in Law & Technology, Berkeley Center for Law and Technology, 2008
- John Stauffer Memorial Merit Scholarship
- Jurisprudence Award (first in class): Constitutional Law, 2007; Contract Theory, 2006; Contracts, 2005
- Senior Annual Review Editor & Submissions Editor, Berkeley Technology Law Journal
Ph.D., Philosophy, Duke University, 2002
B.A., Philosophy, Whittier College, 1994, summa cum laude
Memberships & Affiliations
- Adjunct Professor, Telecommunications Law, Lewis & Clark Law School, 2022
- Member and former Chair, Oregon State Bar Energy, Telecom & Utility Law Section
- Chair, Oregon Association of Defense Counsel Commercial Practice Group, 2016
- Board Member; Youth, Rights, and Justice, 2015-present
- Member, Federal Communications Bar Association, 2014-present
- Co-chair, Multnomah Bar Association Equality & Diversity Committee, 2013-2014
- Publications Liaison, Oregon Association of Defense Counsel, 2011-2013
- Davis Wright Tremaine Heart of Justice Award, 2012
- Legal Intern, Electronic Frontier Foundation, San Francisco
- Summer Associate, Day Casebeer Madrid & Batchelder, Cupertino, Calif.
- Judicial Extern, Hon. Jeremy Fogel, U.S. District Court, San Jose, Calif.
- Senior Programmer/Analyst, Openwave Systems, Redwood City, Calif.
- Manager/Software Engineer, Knight Ridder Digital, San Jose, Calif.