S. Knute Gregg
Knute Gregg has over 15 years of experience in venture financing, M&A, securities, and general corporate work for emerging growth companies in a range of industries, inside and outside the technology sector. Knute focuses on M&A and private placement financings, both debt and equity. He also frequently acts as principal outside counsel to emerging company clients, advising them on matters such as formation, corporate governance, joint ventures, third party tender offers, and other controlled liquidity programs. Knute has also represented a number of venture funds and strategic investors in connection with their respective investments in a variety of industries.
Prior to joining Davis Wright Tremaine, Knute was Of Counsel in the Palo Alto office of Morrison & Foerster LLP, where he practiced for over a decade. Prior to that, he was a corporate associate in the San Francisco and Orange County offices of K&L Gates LLP. Knute started his legal career as product counsel for Concentrex Incorporated (acquired by Harland Financial Solutions in 2000), a leading provider of software and services to financial institutions, where he was responsible for maintaining all federal compliance in its loan origination software.
Mergers and Acquisitions
Debt and Equity Financings
General Corporate and Commercial Matters
Admitted to Practice
J.D., Lewis & Clark Law School, 1998
- Articles Editor, The Journal of Small and Emerging Business Law
B.A., Political Science and Hispanic Studies, Connecticut College, 1994, with distinction
- Pi Sigma Alpha
Memberships & Affiliations
- Business Law Section, American Bar Association
- Of Counsel, Morrison & Foerster LLP, Palo Alto, Calif., 2005-2015
- Associate, K&L Gates LLP (f/k/a Preston Gates & Ellis LLP), San Francisco and Irvine, Calif., 2000-2005
- Product Counsel, Harland Financial Solutions, Inc. (f/k/a Concentrex Incorporated), Portland, Ore., 1998-2000