Julie Hall’s practice approach with each client is one of genuine partnership, developed through her professional experience of more than 20 years as an in-house employment counsel for companies with both a national and multinational presence. Julie’s in-house legal background--coupled with more than a decade of private practice—provides her with an appreciation for her clients’ business needs and operational challenges, and an understanding that clients often require creative and swift responses to their legal needs.
Julie provides sound practical and strategic advice to employers across multiple compliance areas including hiring and recruiting; wage-and-hour matters; disability and accommodations; leaves of absence; equal employment opportunity and harassment; workforce reductions; employee exits and severance; mergers and acquisitions; human resources policies and handbooks; trade secrets; and Cal-OSHA matters. Julie also conducts workplace investigations, and trains human resources professionals on how to conduct workplace investigations.
Julie also has extensive experience representing employers in all aspects of traditional labor-management matters, including negotiation of collective bargaining agreements, labor arbitrations, union-avoidance, organizing, work-stoppages, jurisdictional disputes, and matters before the National Labor Relations Board and the California Public Employee Relations Board
Julie's advice, counseling, and advocacy practice spans a wide spectrum of both unionized and non-unionized industries in the private and public sectors, including healthcare, aerospace, manufacturing, retail, hospitality, energy, construction, and other industries.
Advice and counseling under California and federal law
Admitted to Practice
J.D., Rutgers University School of Law, 1985
B.A., Social Ecology, University of California, Irvine, 1982
- Shareholder, AlvaradoSmith APC, Los Angeles, 2015-2017
- Of Counsel, Winston & Strawn LLC, Los Angeles and San Francisco, 2012-2015
- Chief Counsel, Labor & Employment, Antelope Valley Healthcare District, Lancaster, Calif. 2011-2012
- Senior and Managing Counsel, Employment Law, Nestle USA, Glendale, Calif., 2007-2010
- Associate General Counsel, Labor & Employment, Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company, 1998-2006
- Counsel, Labor & Employment, Kaiser Permanente, 1993-1998