Desktop Image: Harper, Jacob M.
Mobile Image: Harper, Jacob M.
Jacob's No Dabbler Details
Hometown: Culver City, Calif.
What’s your sweet spot as it relates to this industry?
Consumer class actions, especially dealing with mislabeling claims.
What was your favorite food as a kid?
If you couldn’t be a lawyer, what would you be?
Writer, with a cabin in the woods.
Why is food/bev/ag your chosen industry?
My wife loves to bake, and I love to eat.
What is your favorite quote?
"We know what we are, but know not / what we may be." Ophelia in Hamlet.
What is your favorite food travel destination, and why?
Vernazza, Cinque Terre, Italy. I haven’t been anywhere with a more fantastic combination of awesome architecture, fantastic hiking, deep history, and warm people, topped off at the end of the day with some of the freshest seafood I’ve ever had.
Admitted to Practice
U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2009
U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 2010
U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2009
U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 2010
U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 2011
U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 2011
U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2011
J.D., The University of Chicago Law School, 2008
- Unterman & Martini Merit Scholarships (half tuition)
- Comment and Development Editor, Chicago Journal of International Law
B.A., English and Political Science, University of California, Los Angeles, 2005,
magna cum laude
- Phi Beta Kappa
- College Honors
- Highest Departmental Honors, Political Science
Memberships & Affiliations
- Government Affairs Committee, Culver City Chamber of Commerce, 2014-present
- Appellate Courts Committee, Los Angeles County Bar Association, 2010-present
- Selected to "Southern California Rising Stars," Thomson Reuters, 2018-2019
- Named one of the "Best Lawyers in America" in Food and Beverage Law by Best Lawyers, 2020
- Pro Bono Service Award, Wiley W. Manuel, 2009-present
- Shareholder, TroyGould PC, Los Angeles, 2014-2017
- Associate, Morrison & Foerster LLP, Los Angeles, 2008-2013
- Extern, Hon. R. Gary Klausner, U.S. District Court, Central District of California, Los Angeles, 2006
Your search returned no results. Please try another search or remove search criteria.