Desktop Image: Hatef, Beth
Mobile Image: Hatef, Beth
Beth's No Dabbler Details
Hometown: Cheshire, Conn.
What's your sweet spot as it relates to this industry?
Providing regulatory, distribution, and transactional counsel to companies operating or investing in the alcohol industry.
What was your favorite food as a kid?
French fries and salad (with blue cheese dressing).
If you couldn't be a lawyer, what would you be?
Why is food/bev/ag your chosen industry?
I serendipitously fell into the alcohol industry during my first year of legal practice. I enjoy working with a wide range of clients—from startups to multinational companies—on complex legal issues that uniquely affect this industry. It's also just fun – I love spotting our clients' brands at stores or on restaurant menus!
What book or song inspires you the most, and why?
"A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hosseini. In addition to being a beautiful story about the role of women in Afghanistan, it resonates with me on a personal level—the most meaningful case I have handled as a lawyer involved assisting a young Afghan girl fleeing a forced marriage to obtain asylum in the U.S.
What is your favorite quote?
"From what we get, we can make a living; what we give, however, makes a life." -Arthur Ashe
What is your favorite food travel destination, and why?
Paris – the wine, the food, the culture, the architecture!
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
I have always wanted to go on safari in East Africa.
Admitted to Practice
District of Columbia, 2011
J.D., Duke University School of Law, 2010
- Articles Editor, Alaska Law Review
- Moot Court Board
- Co-Chair, Public Interest Law Foundation Board
B.A., Political Science, Johns Hopkins University, 2007
- Pi Sigma Alpha
- Student Conduct Board
Memberships & Affiliations
- Law Firm Associate Member, National Conference of State Liquor Administrators, 2015-present
- National Association of Women Lawyers, 2016-present
- Listed as "Up and Coming" by Chambers USA in Food & Beverages: Alcohol (Nationwide), 2021-2022; Listed as an "Associate to Watch" in Food & Beverages: Alcohol (Nationwide), 2019-2020
- Listed among independently rated lawyers by Acritas Stars, 2020
- Associate, 2010-2021; Summer Associate, 2009 – McDermott Will & Emery LLP, Washington, D.C.
- Legal Extern, Federal Public Defender's Office, Raleigh, N.C., 2009
- Law Student Intern, U.S. Attorney's Office, Hartford, Conn., 2008
Your search returned no results. Please try another search or remove search criteria.