Christine Hawkins assists clients who are restructuring their employee benefits and compensations programs to address changes in law, minimize risk, and offer greater investment flexibility. She regularly advises companies on a wide range of employee benefits and ERISA matters, including plan operational and non-amender failures, mergers and acquisitions due diligence, COBRA, 409A arrangements, multiemployer withdrawal liability, healthcare reform compliance, and fringe benefit programs.
As part of her practice, Christine drafts plan restatements, amendments, 204(h) notices, and summary plan descriptions. She helps employers communicate and explain benefits changes to their employees and also designs plans for highly compensated executives.
Christine works with companies in healthcare, banking and finance industries, as well as government agencies and nonprofit organizations, handling benefits plans in both union and non-union contexts. Her experience covers qualified plans, including 403(b) and 401(k) plans, nonqualified top hat and incentive plans, and cafeteria plans.
Admitted to Practice
U.S. District Court Western District of Washington, 2014
U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2015
LL.M., Taxation, University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2012
- Graduate Assistant, Professor Patricia Dilley
J.D., Seattle University School of Law, 2011, magna cum laude
- Dean's List, 2008-2009
- CALI Award, Legal Writing I and II, Comprehensive Pretrial Advocacy, Copyright, UCC Sales & Secured Transactions
- Finalist, Cheney/Metzger Legal Writing Scholarship
B.A., Colgate University, 2008, cum laude
- Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence, 2005-2008
Memberships & Affiliations
- President-Elect, Governing Board, 2020; President, Seattle Chapter, 2019-present – Western Pension & Benefits Council
- Trustee, Little Bit Therapeutic Riding Center, Redmond, Wash., 2017-present
- Board Member, King County Washington Women Lawyers, 2014-2016
- Selected to a list of "Ones to Watch" in Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law by Best Lawyers, 2021, 2022
- Selected to "Washington Rising Stars," Thomson Reuters, 2021
- Listed among "Associates to Watch" by Chambers USA in Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation (Washington), 2021