Christopher Im draws on his business experience to help craft unique legal strategies to suit his clients' goals. As a member of the firm's employment group, he counsels and defends clients in a variety of employment law matters, including retaliation, wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, and wage-and-hour-claims.
He is experienced with both single-plaintiff and class action matters across a variety of industries, including technology, food and beverage, transportation, healthcare, retail, manufacturing, and hospitality. Further, Christopher has assisted in a range of M&A, private equity, and venture capital transactions.
Reopening during COVID-19
Analyzed and balanced local, state, and federal guidance and regulations with employer needs to devise and develop reopening plans in jurisdictions across the country.
Employment and business litigation
Prepare cost-effective litigation strategies and handle and drive all aspects of litigation including fact investigation, discovery, motion practice, and dispositive motions.
Practical advice and counseling
Working directly with in-house counsel, HR, and other business-side employees on myriad issues including performance and leave management, employee classification, employment contracts, policy creation, and layoffs.
*Denotes an attorney's experience prior to joining Davis Wright Tremaine
Admitted to Practice
U.S. District Court Northern District of California
U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
U.S. District Court Central District of California
U.S. District Court Southern District of California
J.D., University of California, Davis School of Law, 2016
- Articles Selection Editor, UCD Business Law Journal
- Competitions Chair, UC Davis Moot Court Honors Board
iBBA, Marketing and Strategy, York University, 2009
- Chapter President, DECA University International Case Competition
- Group Account Director, Bright !deas Group
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Korean American Bar Association
- Associate, Baker & McKenzie, San Francisco, 2019-2020
- Associate, 2016-2019; Summer Associate, 2015 – Seyfarth Shaw LLP, Los Angeles
- Law Clerk, Seyfarth Shaw LLP, Los Angeles, Sacramento, Calif., 2016
- Summer Associate, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP, Sacramento, Calif., 2014
- Product Manager, ESPN Canada, Toronto, Canada, 2011-2013
Your search returned no results. Please try another search or remove search criteria.