Edric Itchon, CIPP/US, has nearly two decades of business and legal experience in Silicon Valley and a technology transactions practice amounting to over $50 billion in total value signed worldwide across a broad range of industries and deal structures.
Edric focuses his practice on the intersection of media and technology, including video games and advertising technology. His work also includes complex transactions involving artificial intelligence, software, hardware, data, cloud services, fintech, and biotech.
Prior to focusing on technology transactions, Edric advised on patent, antitrust, and commercial disputes at large international law firms and clerked at the Antitrust Division of the U.S. Department of Justice. He also facilitated large-volume, multimillion-dollar deals as a business development manager at HP.
Admitted to Practice
U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
J.D., University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, 2007
M.A.T., Brown University, 2003
B.A., Political Science, University of California, Los Angeles, 1999, cum laude
- Business Administration Specialization
Memberships & Affiliations
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US), International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- Selected to "California Rising Stars" in Technology Transactions, Thomson Reuters, 2014-2018
- Counsel, Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP, Redwood Shores, Calif.
- Senior Associate, Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP, Redwood Shores, Calif.
- Associate, Dewey & LeBoeuf LLP, East Palo Alto, Calif.
- Associate, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP, Palo Alto, Calif.
- Law Clerk, Antitrust Division, U.S. Department of Justice, San Francisco
- English Teacher, Oakland High School, Oakland, Calif.
- Business Development Manager, Hewlett-Packard Company, Cupertino, Calif.